• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ESP Eclipse Custom with EMG's!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalblitz84

Reaction score
Hey all, here's the link to my guitar for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Eclipse-II-Custom-Vintage-Black-with-EMGs_W0QQitemZ160389130001QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2557efe711#ht_500wt_1182

metalblitz84 said:
Hey all, here's the link to my guitar for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Eclipse-II-Custom-Vintage-Black-with-EMGs_W0QQitemZ160389130001QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2557efe711#ht_500wt_1182

That's incredibly misleading. That's a standard series ESP, but with that title someone who didn't know better might be thinking they're getting a custom shop model. I'd change the title of this thread and the title of the eBay auction if it were me.

Geiri said:
Actually this is what esp calls 'em. eclipse ctm, It's referring to the gibson les paul custom.
The CTM has the old horn and the 4 knob layout. Here's my old one
IMAG0009.jpg

The CTM isn't available in the states anymore. The only real ESP models (not LTD) over here are the ESP Eclipse II and the ESP Eclipse Custom. I'm not ragging on him, just trying to save him a headache if some uninformed person buys it thinking it's a custom shop model and then has a hissy fit when they see 'Standard Series' on the back of the headstock.

I put custom because I upgraded the pickup and "customized" the new toggle switch and controls. But it comes off as misleading I will reword it. Thanks guys!!!

metalblitz84 said:
I put custom because I upgraded the pickup and "customized" the new toggle switch and controls. But it comes off as misleading I will reword it. Thanks guys!!!

Yeah just clarify I'm not knocking you or your guitar at all, it's a killer guitar. There are just a lot of idiots out there and these days eBay doesn't give you much protection as a seller. If someone filed a complaint it could be a big pain in your ***...even though most ESP fans know exactly what you're talking about.

Geiri said:
Spot on my man. You mentioned the "old horn" what is that exactly ???

Due to Gibson threatening ESP with a lawsuit, the Eclipse II models in the USA have a different cutaway and a different control layout than the CTM. If you'll notice the one I had has the traditional control layout (pre Gibson BS) and the one being sold in this thread has 3 knobs instead of 4 and a different 'horn' or cutaway. Both are great guitars.

Latest posts

Back