Eq footswitch for my Mesa Studio 22+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacoiardul

Reaction score
Hy guys,in my quest to squeze the last drop of versatility from my studio 22+ i am searching for the original Mesa Studio 22+ Eq footswitch.Strangely enough i can't seem to find such a thing on the internet and on mesa's website.The guy i bought the amp from provided me only with the original lead/rhythm footswitch and there's a mistery over the eq fs.I am aware that just about any 1/4" jack connected FS will do the trick,but can anyone shed some light on this? This channel FS also works for the eq switching except for the led (it does not light when i use it for eq switching ,as opposed to channel switching)
Thanks a lot

Ps:i can't call mesa,i m not in the usa:)

I bought my Studio .22+ (late 80s) and it only came with the rhythm / lead footswitch (which is misleading it should be rather clean / drive instead). I don't have the amp with me at this time but I don't remember anything about EQ footswitch. I'll take a look when I get it back. The original footswitch either light up the LED in lead[?] channel. The EQ toggle switch on the front panel was either assign "Auto EQ", "EQ out" or "EQ-in". Auto EQ is engaged when you are in the lead channel. "EQ-out" bypass the EQ. "EQ-in" means the EQ was engaged in either channel.

So you are looking for a EQ footswitch so you could footswtich the EQ off and on?

the Eq switch on the front panel was in the middle position and the manual says this allows to switch it on/off with the footswitch regardless the channel you are using. I am sure just about any footswitch with 1/4' plug will work ,but i am curious if anyone can give me any info about the original eq footswitch for this amp.

You mean this?
http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/fcg.html
Yeah, I know it says "Bass 400+ / Buster Bass".
Bollocks. It'll work.
Actually, you can use any latch-type foot switch. There's no power for LEDs, so if you want LEDs, you need a battery-powered switch like the Boss FS-5L.
Or look up Payne Labs. There just might be an advert at the top of this very page. Shazaam!
Cheers :D

thank you,that one in the link just might be it.i am surprised that mesa didn't post it in the Studio22 Fs category as well..
now the mistery is over,it's clear mesa set up a conspiracy for the 22+ users:))
topic closed

An economical alternative build your own.

[click on image]
... and 1/4" mono phone jack.
Then again, you said you are not in the US.

i can buy those parts from my local electronics shop and since i'am an engineer i can actually built it myself.the topic was all about the quest of finding out about the original EQ FS for the STUDIO 22+ amp ,if there was ever such a thing considering mesa doesn't really shed some light on this:) the only eq Fs for mesa amps is the one our collegue showed us earlier,for the bass amp.Even on the holy ebay i can't find nothing like that,strange:)
It's not smth of capital importance,it's just some quest of mine :)
Thanks for your replies

Latest posts

Back