Eq as boost. Pq-3 vs pedal.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eet fuk

Reaction score
Anybody else use an eq pedal and a furman pq-3 as a boost into the mkiv? I have both an MXR 10 band and a DOD 7 band, and they're about the same to me. I do a small upside down V, and I take a little level out to not oversaturate, then go into a decimator, then mkiv. I am wondering if I'm missing anything in the Pq-3. I used to like the emg81 > decimator > mkiv, but now I like a DiMarzio SD into eq first better. Pq-3 users?

I have a pq-4 I will have to try it out,I just got my mark iv on thursday so I have not had to much time to mess with it,I will try using the pq-4 upfront this weekend.I used my decimator pro g tonight.I do have a mxr 10 band to I will try those out soon.

I use a pq4 with my mark III. THe tone kills anything else Ive played.

sup COI?

I don't have a mark iv, but I do use the MXR 10 band as a boost. I run it into the loop of my marshall as I find it'll bring the volume up cleanly and I can get better tonal shaping for the mids out of the loop instead of infront. Something else to try anyway 8)

By "boost", I was referring to distortion shaping, not tone shaping. But you meant well, so thanks anyways. :) If you put an eq in the loop, that's tone shaping, if in front of the amp, that's distortion shaping, generally speaking. 80s dudes put mxrs in front of Marshalls too. One of my favorite recorded tones is a DOD fx-40B eq in front of a jmp (and an eq in loop, lol). Then there's good ol Dimebag with the furburger pq-3. :mrgreen: I once read about someone switching from MXR 10 band to pq-3, and wanted to know the difference, and again, if anyone has any light to shed on the difference, please do. I guess, as always, I'll have to do my own *$*research*$* just to come up with an answer. Then I'll report in a year or two.

Back