ElectroVoice EVM-12L for LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, phyrexia's comment on the MC90 not "hitting you" with authority, I'll agree with to a point. In a larger cab (like a MKIV widebody or a DC5 which is the same cab), the MC90 shines! I can only suppose the same is true with the larger (i.e current-production) Mesa 112 cabs ...the MC90 would likely sound better in these than in the smaller MK cabs.

FWIW, I have an open-back 112 cab that matches my Thiele cab (ya know the one, it fits perfectly under the short-chassis head). This one with the MC90 sounds very different from the my MC90 in the DC5 (again, a considerably larger cab). That "boxy" and mid-focused feel and lacking bottom punch is exacerbated by the smaller interior volume. Which is why I prefer the MC90 in my DC5 combo, but want to replace the MC90 in my 112 cab with an EVM or EV Force (which I haven't heard personally, but seems to get great press). Hope that makes sense :)

Edward

I would like to "chime" in. I have had my EVM Classic in my LSC for a cpl of weeks now. Each time I power up I am still just amazed at how "alive" my LSC is now. Dont get me wrong I loved my LSC with the Cel90 but, good grief the difference is awesome. My cleans are huge now with BEAUTIFUL low end that is perfectly balanced with the "glassiness" added from the EVM. Yes, it is expensive, there is more weight and it is a tight fit, but it is absolutely worth it. I play all styles and every guitar and tone I use has more "authority" . I have also added YellowJackets and that too is a GREAT mod. Hope I have helped

LSC w/EVM 12L Classic/ YellowJackets
Gibson ES135 w Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB pickups
Epiphone Flying V w Seymour Duncan 59/Pearly Gates
Custom Telecaster w Seymour Duncan Hot Tele set
MIDI Strat w Seymour Duncan Lil59/Duckbucker/Distortion

Latest posts

Back