Electra Dyne 112 or 212 which to buy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the 1 x 12, is there two sizes of shells ? I saw other threads calling it the "short" shell or the "short" combo vs. the original size . Any more info on that and do they sound any different ?

I've owned a Stiletto before purchasing my Electradyne 112 combo. All i can tell you is I sometimes A/B my Electradyne and my Marshall JSC2000 DSL which I play through a 412 Marshall JCM 800 cabinet and I swear the Electradyne sounds fuller and more punchy.

Before I purchased my Mesa Combo I was also considering a 212 model, but I can attest to the fact that it really does sound huge.

Just my 2 cents. I hope it helps.

mbmesa said:
For the 1 x 12, is there two sizes of shells ? I saw other threads calling it the "short" shell or the "short" combo vs. the original size . Any more info on that and do they sound any different ?

I'm wondering the same I know there is a medium head as well as the normal size head but i saw a 112 at the music store yesterday that looked smaller than the other 112's i've seen. i didn't have a chance to play it as I was there for some thing else on my lunch break. I'm going to try to get back this weekend to check it out. If they have smaller shell 112's I'm curios if it has the same amount of low end. Any info would be great

Latest posts

Back