EL34's, Someone PLEASE post a clip!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only way ill play my 7 string now is through el34s. my band should be recording this week ill post some stuff up

Afraid I don't have a clip to offer yet, but I just put a set of SED EL-34's in my V and I will not be going back anytime soon to 6L6's. Not quite sure what it is, sounds like it has a bit more gain and REALLY smoothed out the high frequencies. I had some SED 6L6's in it, and they are great too, just sounds allot warmer to my ears. Try a set, you can use them as backups if you prefer the 6L6's. You don't have to get the SED's, other brands are somewhat cheaper.

im usein mesa el34s, i didh ave some groove tubes but i unno the mesa feel better and sound better

eudaimonia02912 said:
Do you find the SED EL34s to have enough bottom end?

I think so, at least to my ears. Tone is very personal obviously, but I did not hear a drop off in low frequencies from the SED 6L6's. Going to play a bit tonight, will play around a little and see if I notice anything. It's only been about a week with the EL-34's, but so far I am sold on them.

Latest posts

Back