? EL-34's in a Roadster ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used EL-34's in their Roadster? How did they sound compared to the 6L6's. Did the extra mids cut through better?

I am using 2x6L6 and 2xEL34 in my Roadster on EL34 setting...a workaround to not having progressive linkage. I got the 6L6s from Eurotubes, they are biased to work on EL34 setting so I get the best of both worlds...and it sound vgood! :D

rabies said:
Anybody know if Soundgarden used EL34 or 6L6 with their Rectifier(s) on Badmotorfinger???

didn't know they used Rectos . . . interesting . . . assuming they did, EL34s were not an option back then. bias switch showed up with the series II.

As for the original post, why not just try it out? Good EL34 tubes sound great in any Rectifier amp. Get a set of SED Winged C EL34s or Mesa STR 450s (NOS Siemens) if you can afford them and check it out. Even if you don't want to use them in every musical situation, it's great to be able to switch between the 34s and 6L6s.

That was only on the single recto's, i believe he used Duals which did give the option.

CaughtLikeFire said:
rabies said:
Anybody know if Soundgarden used EL34 or 6L6 with their Rectifier(s) on Badmotorfinger???

didn't know they used Rectos . . . interesting . . . assuming they did, EL34s were not an option back then. bias switch showed up with the series II.

As for the original post, why not just try it out? Good EL34 tubes sound great in any Rectifier amp. Get a set of SED Winged C EL34s or Mesa STR 450s (NOS Siemens) if you can afford them and check it out. Even if you don't want to use them in every musical situation, it's great to be able to switch between the 34s and 6L6s.

Latest posts

Back