el-34's and dual rect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satisfied5582

Reaction score
what does el-34's do to the dual rects tone, i hear some people say that the dual rect should come with el-34's. i understand the sound el-34's put out i have had them in several amps but not my dual rect. how does the dual rect respond to them.

I love EL 34's in my dr, in fact I'll only use EL 34's. It tightens up the tone. My DR cuts through the mix and sounds awesome.

I use JJ E34Ls in my Dually. They're a bit hotter than a standard EL34.

As for EL34s, they tend to tighten the bottom end up, and make the highs more defined. They also have more grit to them...it's like putting a bit of Marshall in your Mesa. The cleans are more clearer, and the overall tone is just so much better in my opinion.

I've had the same pair in mine for almost two years...and I play it every week for about 5-6 hours. I have a brand new pair that put in a few weeks ago, and I couldn't tell any difference between the pairs, so I took them back out and put the old ones back in.

I would say they last just as long as a set of 6L6s.

I use JJ E34L's in mine too, sound great and have had the same set in there for about 2 years going strong. I love how they slightly change the feel of the DR, changes the reaction and feel a bit for the better IMO.

Latest posts

Back