• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ebay Scam Alert !!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY B.

Reaction score
Be advised, this is the same amp that I was almost scammed with. Same pictures and everything. Proceed with caution :!: . It's a different sellers' name (probably hijacked account). I am going to contact Ebay today, maybe they will catch this ******* :evil: .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-MK-IV_W0QQitemZ280120450082QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JimAnsell said:
**** it, i just sent him a trade offer.
that thing looks awesome too.
oh well, at least i didn't bid yet.

Ask about picking the amp up in person. See what kind of response you get. I would do it, but he might recognize my username. It may be tonight before I can contact Ebay. :(

thats actually one of the things i did ask him, is if i could try it in person, and where he is located, since it doesn't say.

Look how old all the feedback is!

This is shades of the past including the 3 day auction.
I sent him this as an Ebay question:

Hey there ol' buddy. Are you still in Cleburne, TX . If so I will gladly bid $5000 and drive to pick up this amp in person. I would REALLY like to meet you face to face! I let our friends at the Ebay Security Center in on this, as well.

Have a nice day

I can't wait for his response. :D

JOEY B. said:

Hey there ol' buddy. Are you still in Cleburne, TX . If so I will gladly bid $5000 and drive to pick up this amp in person. I would REALLY like to meet you face to face! I let our friends at the Ebay Security Center in on this, as well.

Have a nice day

fuckin love it

There is a policy against threats via email on Ebay. So I did not finish my thought after "meet you face to face". It would end as: "and break every bone in both your hands so that there will be no more scamming." :evil:

I am really a nice guy, just don't try to steal from me. :D

Especially if you genuinely have interest in the item...

boogietone said:
Someone tried to scam me a while back on a Splawn with that second chance offer thing. Becareful everyone.

thats what the some ******* tried to do with me,it was for a RK head,which ended really cheap for an RK over here,I had bid before it but lost,then a day later I had a message from the seller wondering If I was still intrested I obviously said yes,but it was western union only,the guy said he lived about 20miles away,alot easier for me to collect,he was saying a load of bollocks about how his wife couldnt find out so we couldnt meet and all this ****,so I called it off and reported him,ebay done sweet FA

I was very pleased I had sensed a rat!!!!
Im out for rebenge(even although I didnt send any money,it was too close)

I'm not suprised that Ebay has not already pulled the auction. Their response time was exactly a day late back in October '06 (item # 220039631771 that you cannot view on the advanced search). Isn't that nice of them. :evil: If this auction goes to term, I am going to **** in his corn flakes, BIG TIME :!: .

Peace out

who is all up for a manhunt???????????????

just for kicks and giggles!!!

get these bastards one by fuckin one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOEY B. said:

Have a nice day

No reply yet from the scammer. I can't imagine why?

JOEY B. said:
I won the auction and requested an address to send the payment (police). It will be interesting to see if he is stupid enough to reply. :evil:

You are a brave soul!
Let us know how it goes...

Latest posts

Back