Dumbass Footswitch Question - Studio Caliber DC-2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redleezard

Reaction score
I just received a tasty sounding Studio Caliber DC-2 and along with it came the footswitch. But I did not receive a cable to connect the two.

Does it matter whether I use a guitar or speaker cable to connect the two or is either one ok to use?

Figured I'd ask here first and not risk frying the little bugger on his first day at the salt mine.

Thanks,

Scott

Were I you, I'd use a speaker cable. Or, better yet, make an unshielded 1/4" cable. This will be cheaper and give you some better length options.

As far as your specific question, I don't know if it really matters. There is juice for the Light on the footswitch going through the cable. That's the only factor, as far as I can see. A guitar patch might be too chincy.

Good luck,

Brendon,

Thanks for the help. I've got several speaker cables in differnt lengths laying around and will try them first. I pretty much stick to the dirt channel and don't mind hand switching, just wanted the option.

Cheers,

Scott

Latest posts

Back