Dude....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aart

Reaction score
Mesa should ditch their European distributors.

The Euro is like 1,50 US$ now and we are still paying €2500 for a Mk4 overhere. 1900$ new in the usa... They should be like €1280 and some shipping costs here. We're paying more for secondhand Mark IV's than they are new US...

Someones making a lot of profit somewhere in the distribution process.

I want cheaper boogies!

/rant

it's everywhere in europe like this. I think that prices won't go lower soon, because local distributors haven't sold all amps that they bought for old price when dolar was high (i don't know anyone who would buy new mesa for that price, everyone has used amps over there).

It's the same in Canada really. When the Canadian dollar is higher than the U.S. buck we still pay significantly more and, with the North American Free Trade Act, duties at the border don't play into the pricing as an excuse.

newfinator said:
It's the same in Canada really. When the Canadian dollar is higher than the U.S. buck we still pay significantly more and, with the North American Free Trade Act, duties at the border don't play into the pricing as an excuse.

Does canada have higher prices for boogies than in the US? With NAFAT the prices should be the same like you said. Hmm, time for boogie to do some cleaning...

It's the same deal here in the USA. I'm sure we pay more for UK imported amps like Orange, Hi-Watt and Laney than folks in Europe would.

secretsoundz said:
It's the same deal here in the USA. I'm sure we pay more for UK imported amps like Orange, Hi-Watt and Laney than folks in Europe would.

i don't think he's saying they should be the exact same price, just that a 100% mark-up (no pun intended) is a bit excessive.

Aart said:

The Euro is like 1,50 US$ now and we are still paying €2500 for a Mk4 overhere. 1900$ new in the usa... They should be like €1280 and some shipping costs here. We're paying more for secondhand Mark IV's than they are new US...

I want cheaper boogies!

/rant
It's better for us to buy a mesa new in america and ship it here by ourselves.

Aart said:

I want cheaper boogies!

/rant

yeah but how much ar bentley's over there? now look at the price hear..only (successful) rappers drive em here! mesa is the bentley of amps.
lol

Aart said:

I want cheaper boogies!

/rant

Don’t blame you it’s just not right! Just the way things are there is always somebody taking advantage of the moment and system. Of course if the currency exchange flip flopped tomorrow everyone would remember to raise those prices right away! (I’m sure)

I feel your pain.

One of my favorite price gouging schemes is the price of oil/gasoline.

When Oil goes up the Pump price goes up instantly but when the price of Oil goes down it takes them forever to start bringing it back down.

I find it quite amasing how that works.

6L6C said:
Aart said:

I want cheaper boogies!

/rant

Don’t blame you it’s just not right! Just the way things are there is always somebody taking advantage of the moment and system. Of course if the currency exchange flip flopped tomorrow everyone would remember to raise those prices right away! (I’m sure)

All those numbers are right. €1,- is $1.48282. I don't know if you meant that those numbers are wrong, but to my knowledge they are right.

And yeah, we get f****d everywhere we buy something.

And about those bentley's: They're too expensive here too, so nobody drives them here too. The only cars that you see a lot here and are considered expensive in the USA are BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes, as far as I know.

Aart said:
6L6C said:
Aart said:
All those numbers are right. €1,- is $1.48282. I don't know if you meant that those numbers are wrong, but to my knowledge they are right.

And yeah, we get f****d everywhere we buy something.

And about those bentley's: They're too expensive here too, so nobody drives them here too. The only cars that you see a lot here and are considered expensive in the USA are BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes, as far as I know.

Aart
No no no, I agree with you completely! I quoted you and put the numbers in bold. Just my way of expressing myself (in text) how outrages it is, like I said if the currency exchange flip flopped tomorrow, distributors would raise those prices within the hour.
The €1 is much higher than the USD right now your right it should be proportional, you already expressed that there is shipping involved and it does add. (but not that much) I totally agree you guys are getting screwed!

Just playing devils advocate here...

Is there a tariff that importers have to pay that would explain a portion of the price diff? What about some type of luxury tax? I know my European brethren pay a lot more taxes than us here in the US. Maybe this is the culprit combined with importer greed.

edgarallanpoe said:
Just playing devils advocate here...

Is there a tariff that importers have to pay that would explain a portion of the price diff? What about some type of luxury tax? I know my European brethren pay a lot more taxes than us here in the US. Maybe this is the culprit combined with importer greed.

Yeah, we have 17% VAT(germany) overhere, but thats still not enough to justify these prices.

6L6C said:
Aart said:
6L6C said:
Aart
No no no, I agree with you completely! I quoted you and put the numbers in bold. Just my way of expressing myself (in text) how outrages it is, like I said if the currency exchange flip flopped tomorrow, distributors would raise those prices within the hour.
The €1 is much higher than the USD right now your right it should be proportional, you already expressed that there is shipping involved and it does add. (but not that much) I totally agree you guys are getting screwed!

Oh sorry, I misunderstood you.

Back