Dual Recto 3ch tone and effects understanding

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivsaken

Reaction score
Hey all. You all seem to have some great information on here and being new to the tube world I am trying to wrap my head around a few things and I hope you can help.

From reading posts here I am starting to understand tone loss from linking up stomp boxes like delay and other effects like an EQ or chorus. From what I am understanding getting something like a G-Major will give me the effects I am looking for without killing my tone that I love and also being able to set up MIDI switching.

My big issue seems to be on channel 2 right now and I am trying to figure out my options. Backing off the gain seems to give me my best "liquid" type sound but you also lose a little sustain in doing this. I have hear people using pedals like a fulltone fulldrive to help. Why would I want something like this and not a modded Metal Zone or something to that effect?

You don't wanna ask me! I'll tell ya about tone loss even before you mention pedals or processors! Tone loss from engaging the F/X Loop! But that's just me! :wink: Carry on... :x

Latest posts

Back