Dual Recto 3 Channel EL34's?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatandy1289

Reaction score
I'm about to swap out my old mesa 6L6 tubes and I was wondering if anyone knew how the El34's sound in a Dual Rec. (3 channel)

Thanks

They sound great to me. I am currently running Tung Sol EL34B's in my 3 channel Triple, and it took away some of the sub-bass frequencies, and gave the amp a little more of a mid punch. The sound seems a little more "focused", I guess because of the "tighter" bass response. The other guitarist in my band uses amps that run EL34's specifically, and the Mesa with EL's really fits in with their tone. The thing to do is to basically start over with your EQ settings, because my 6L6 settings were not a good fit for EL-34 tone. I might go back to 6L6's one day, but, for right now the EL-34's are doing the trick for my ears.

-AJH

Wow. I haven't been on here for a while. I run JJ E34L's from EuroTubes and love them! Not as loose as the 6L6 but still have that recto tone that I love. I also like the E34L's better for leads. Seems to cut a little more.

Back