Dual rectifier + rocktron xpression

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
so give me the honest truth guys, is it worth getting the xpression?

I'd really like to have some effects to get a nice wet clean sound, and wet lead tones.

I hear from too many people that the recto's loop is horrible and the tone will be bad.

what do you guys say?

This is the exact setup that I use, BUT, I did get my loop modded to a series loop instead of parallel, and no, I could not get the FX to sound that good with that parallel loop.

Now that it's modded, it sounds great, I can get whatever FX I want at whatever level I want, and I don't hear any tone degradation.

I think the Recto's parallel loop is the worst thing ever invented. Useless, IMO.

Baba said:
I think the Recto's parallel loop is the worst thing ever invented. Useless, IMO.

I'll agree with that :wink:

If you want to get it modded, you can contact Boogie and they'll send you the instructions on how to do it, or get it done.

Baba said:
This is the exact setup that I use, BUT, I did get my loop modded to a series loop instead of parallel, and no, I could not get the FX to sound that good with that parallel loop.

Now that it's modded, it sounds great, I can get whatever FX I want at whatever level I want, and I don't hear any tone degradation.

how much did the mod cost?

did changing to a serial loop change the tone of the amp when you're running it dry?

^That is something I would also like to know....did it change the original tone?

Also, doing this voids the warranty, doesn't it? It's tempting, but a warranty is also important....

How have you guys delt with it?

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Worth it though? Would you give the amp a few years before changing it/voiding the warranty.

If it was an amp that I really wanted to keep and knew it was the one and I knew I wouldn't be happy with it if it didn't work the way I wanted it to I would get it modded in a heartbeat.

Any worries of actually needing the warranty in the future though?! I love the recto, but I'm worried about ditching the 5 year (correct?) warranty.....

Thats the tricky question?!!? Most Dual rectos never have many problems that aren't fixed by getting new tubes... But sometimes you run in to those unforseen issues like tranformers, or a short somewhere in the amp that keeps blowing fuses or something like that... I haven't heard too much about problems like that on the DR's...... Actually, I haven't heard of any problmes come to think of it (but I could be wrong).

I wonder if you have a Mesa certified tech do the mod if that'll void the warranty? That's something you might ask Boogie?

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Any worries of actually needing the warranty in the future though?! I love the recto, but I'm worried about ditching the 5 year (correct?) warranty.....

I'm with tele jas, if the amp doesn't work the way I need it to, it's worthless to me, and I haven't heard of many problems with DR's, so it was way more worth the risk to me.

Ask yourself this question, if the FX aren't working the way you want them to, therefore making it NOT the perfect amp for you, what does the warranty matter at that point?

Feeling good that you have a warranty isn't going to make the amp perform any better.

The g major is the cleanest and most transarent ive heard in daul ,trpple.solo 50,you have to tune it a bit but i have had great results.
It can also switch 3 channels as well ,so you can have different channels with different fx patches at a touch of a switch.
cheers jedd

my effects work fine, it took me a while to truly understand the effects loop on the dual rectifier, but one i did everythbign is fine, i dont lose ANY tone,i have lost way more tone using serial effects loops on other amps...

for the ease of use the loop SUCKS, its confusing, slightly counterintuitive and makes you wonder and scratch your head sometimes, but you get it figure it all out eventually

Latest posts

Back