Dual Rec tone question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.serpico

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My band is playing in London this week and we're using Dual Recs (3 channel) as we need some bigger amps (this is not our average size of gig). We chose those because we used them on our EP. The only thing is, the engineer that recorded us set up the tones and we definitely do not have a large enough timeframe to tweak these amps to get our sound!

Basically I was wondering if someone could have a listen to us and try and give us some ballpark tones that would get us close to the sound on our record.

www.myspace.com/serpicoband

That's the music there, basically we just need a sound like that, we can sort cleans and solo sounds ourselves, just for a good rhythm sound. I've heard valve amps can take a fair while to get used to and I've NEVER used one :)

Cheers for the help!
Joe
Serpico

Joe, try this out.

(settings are 'clockface in nature')

Channel 3: Modern toggle
FX loop enabled on back
Tube rectifier setting
Bold power setting
Presence: 11:30
Channel Vol: 11:00
Gain: 1:30
Bass: 12:00
Mid: 11:30
Treble: 2:00

Master output (next to Solo control) .. use this to adjust your overall volume. With a nice dual humbucker guitar you'll love this tone.

Call the engineer that set them up. I would bet that he has notes of the setup just in case you needed to due some more work or to correct some errors. That would get you a great head start.

That was my second idea. If you recorded on Duals then you could just dial them in the same. If you needed more volume then you just dial the gain and highs back a little while turning up the master.

Ok cheers guys! Really helpful :) We're gonna give the engineer a ring 2moro and see what he says but posting here was an "in-case" :)

Platypus said:
Joe, try this out.

(settings are 'clockface in nature')

Channel 3: Modern toggle
FX loop enabled on back
Tube rectifier setting
Bold power setting
Presence: 11:30
Channel Vol: 11:00
Gain: 1:30
Bass: 12:00
Mid: 11:30
Treble: 2:00

Master output (next to Solo control) .. use this to adjust your overall volume. With a nice dual humbucker guitar you'll love this tone.

You really can't go wrong with these setiings! They're very useable! :idea:

your engineer knows his stuff..that's a very cool sound on the guitars. I can't say I dig the punk vocals with the metal vibe too much, but I can see it being nuts live.

Joe, good stuff my man. impressive amount of playes. i agree with all the above, except be careful with the treble. depending on the guitar you are playing you may want to go back towards noon with it. channel 2 is better for solos and what not cause the presence is knocked down more than channel 3. just remember these are sample settings. guitars and pickups and strings with differ the sound a little.

Hey guys, just wanted to say a big thank you, amps sounded fantastic :) As expected a little tweaking was required but the amps sounded awesome!

Watch out on the new Paradise Lost DVD (when it comes out) you can probably see us standing at the side!

Latest posts

Back