Dual Rec Multi Watt Sounds Fizzy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I got my dual rec over the weekend and have been playing about with it the last couple of nights. The dual rec I bought was an ex store demonstrator and I've noticed a couple of possible problems. On chan's 2 and 3 they both sound a little "fizzy". And also when changing channels via the foot switch there are some loud pops.

Do you guys think its worth me re tubing the amp? Its an ex demo and I don't think its been retubed for quite sometime. If so what do you guys think I should retube with? Mesa tubes? Groove Tubes?

Many thanks

Paul

The pops are normal. Try switching the channels around while in stand by and it should clear it up.

They are fizzy at low volume, when the gain is turned past 2 o'clock, and/or high presence settings. I personally like fuzzy and nasty, aggressive sounds and is why I play a Dual Recto, but it can be tamed by keeping most of the knobs close to 12 o'clock and turning down the presence.

Latest posts

Back