dual rec dissapointing me....may need a change???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone posted these in another thread

Gain - noon
Treb - 1:00
Mids - 11:00
Bass - 5:00
Pres - noon
Verb - 9:00
Mast - 11:45

I pushed the Pres to 5:00 and thought it sounded a bit better.

Good Luck,

Mike

YellowJacket said:
Greenbacks in a 2x12!? =-o

Get another 2 x 12 and load it with greenbacks. QUICK!!
50watts handling power up against a 100watt head is just asking for a blown speaker or two. I'm with you though, I LOVE the Greenbacks but I prefer to mix them with v30s.

I had a cab with greenbacks way back in the day. Now my Single Rec is going thru Celestion GT1275T or some combination of those characters. It sound good, better than the 80s in my Egnater Tourmaster cab. Relatively speaking, where would the Greenbacks weigh in? My buddy swears his left nut on the sound and performance of his EV's. I may have to go and take my head to his house. No way I am moving the heavy cab of his. Those speakers do sound well but seem to help a speaker cab put on some weight. Gordita!!

i should have mentioned that I initally tried the full quad with the 2 vintage 30;s in the cab first but, when i decided to put the greenbacks in i pulled the 2 center tubes to bump it down to 50 watts. after some more tweaking tonite i wound up putting 1 vintage 30 back in the cab along side 1 greenback. i figured id just make it into a little version of my 4x12. sounds great with the mix match but im dying to get some EL34's back in there. either way, ill post what my thoughts are after the gigs this weekend

I did make a change i sold my 3 channel dual rec and bought a Laney much better amp for thrash metal.

Back