Dual rec #812 has pre500 trannys

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to have to say no. the RF-1F changes are way too obvious. The whole board was re-drawn. Too many people perceived the mojo was just in the transformers and want to disregard the circuit revisions. I would say pre 279 with an RF-1C and 280 to 503 with the RF-1D. I'v had F's,G's, 3 channels and three Road Kings and they cannot hold a candle to Vader. I'll stay with the RF-1C.

Now, F's with the early trannies may sound quite interesting...

That's what I was thinking about the sound. The circuit revisions on the other hand I wasn't as keen on. I figured something was changed or they would have just kept making the D.

It'll be nice once the data can be compiled and maybe even charted.

it would be ideal if we can hold a 'tone party' and compare early DR's.

8) :twisted:

bunyok23 said:

I'd be willing to host one at my house. I was actually planning to make a post and see if anyone in the new england area would be interested. I went to an "ampfest" last year that some guys from HC had planned and it was a good time. Got to try out some cool gear.

isn't there somebody on here that has all three versions already? siggy14 maybe?

whoever it was said F falls in between C and D...which has really had me pondering what the heck it sounds like because the difference b/w C and D is almost nothing...

Kung-Fool said:
bunyok23 said:

I'd be willing to host one at my house. I was actually planning to make a post and see if anyone in the new england area would be interested. I went to an "ampfest" last year that some guys from HC had planned and it was a good time. Got to try out some cool gear.

what rev do you have?

not yet.still waiting for new tubes.

i wish i could compare it with rev d's or c's

just an update...put in new tubes. sed 6l6,tungsol v1,jj v2 and rest is eh.

this amp is definitely louder than my tremoverb.im not sure why.

a little warmer and doesnt have that glassy presence of the tremoverb. i set all tone at 12.not buzzy at all.but i have notice that v5 or phase inverter has also a lot of impact in the overall sound.i noticed this previously with my triaxis. certain tubes make it smoother.

i have there now an EH such that you will here the traditional ka-chhh kick of a regular rectifier.

the cleans are way over compaared to the tremoverb.

a little more experient...and ill decide what to keep. :p

the tremoverbs clean is like the mark ivs.even better. the dr's seem like muffled.lack of presence

thats true.

my power tranny seems to be humming loud and vibrating.is this normal?

i havent change thhe rectifiers though

bunyok23 said:
thats true.

my power tranny seems to be humming loud and vibrating.is this normal?

i havent change thhe rectifiers though
I had the same problem.. it turned out to be a 100 Ohm 1/2w Carbon Resistor and a 150 Ohm 1/2w 1% Metal Film Resistor, 2 of each that turned out to be about 4$ but he went through the head and checked everything else and i paid 85$,lol.....im happy its quiet as a church mouse!!! although i wonder why now he didnt mention i should replace the filer caps,,its a 92rec and seems like a few people here say you should replace them every 10years,,,anyone think i should just pack it up and send it off to mesa for a overhaul?,,,i know its a 100$to just get it in the door!! but **** i love this amp!!! :D

any good tech can change the caps out.

post some good pics of the electronics and some of the guys here may be able to see things most of us don't

Elpelotero said:
any good tech can change the caps out.

post some good pics of the electronics and some of the guys here may be able to see things most of us don't
well i gave them a good look over today and i dont see any dimples or buldges or any signs of leaking but i do need a gooood tech!! can you point me to THE MAN?? i live in lake county<centaral fl.> But I go up to LakeCity ,and Ft.lauderdale, so distance is not a problem! i just want a tech who knows his s!$# with mesas :) i had a bad experience with wells in orlando! the guys a freakin idiot! like i said distance is not the problem :) hell i would take it to miami :!:

unfortunately i don't know any good techs in florida. I've never had any of my amps "teched." I would imagine the best thing to do is look at the authorized REPAIR centers in Florida. NOT the DEALERS!

There's a list someone online, or if not there's a list you get when you buy a new amp. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig mine up.

Latest posts

Back