Dougstubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to let you know not to waste your time and call dougs tubes. I have e-mailed them and called them. I finally got a hold of him and he didnt help me or even acted like he wanted to help me. Some people on here said he was good and recommended me to call him, but he didnt try to help me at all. Screw dougstubes!

Well if i call Eurotubes he will just recommend jj tuibes because that is all they sale. Im looking to retube with something other than stock mesa's and i dont know what to do.

The experience you just described isn't the one I've encountered dealing with Doug. Whether it be email or phone, I always get a response and never had an issue. Perhaps it was your, uh, delivery that may have brought about a less than stellar response? Go ahead, call Eurotubes and get your JJ's. I'm sure you'll be satisfied with the service. Satisfaction with your tone will be a whole different matter.

You could try tubedepot or the tubestore they seem really helpful and have other selections besides JJs. I talked to Doug on the phone a week ago and I told him I had a Stilleto Duece2 and he set me up with the Ruby EL34stbr and man they are alot nicer then JJEL34Ls that I had in it.

very strange. i had a very good experience with doug in recommendations, communicaton, and speed of delivery.

chemten said:
very strange. i had a very good experience with doug in recommendations, communicaton, and speed of delivery.

+1. Same here. My experience with Doug couldn't possibly have been any better. He responded within an hour to my first e-mail, and within 30 minutes of my follow-up e-mail. I ordered a full retube on a Monday and they arrived the next day. On top of that, the tube recommendations he made were spot on. I'm definitely going to be going back.

FWIW - I have also dealt with Eurotubes, and had a good experience with them as well - but as the one poster mentioned - all you're gonna get is JJs. I liked them, but I like this set-up much better.

Thats weird. I just E-mailed him last night and got a quick reply, and it really seems like he took the time to figure out what I would like.

I'm loving my retube months later and definitely give props to Doug... he knows his stuff.

I'm not saying that doug doesnt know his stuff, i could hear him typing in the background while i talked to him, i felt ignored. I did call eurotubes and the guy there was very helpful and full of knowledge, im thinkin of getting jj's. What do you guys think of them

I recommend BOTH Eurotubes AND Doug. I've done more business with Eurotubes - it's been stellar!

Doug has been awesome, too. You might have caught him in some kind of funk or rut. I know that I sure have days where I'm short with people and all-around less-than-incredible. I'd chalk it up to that and let Doug off the hook. I've dealt with him and know dozens of people who have all had the same great experience. I dunno. Maybe he just got racked in the nuts - that'd ruin my day...

PS - I've got all JJs in my Mk III. And used them in my DR. Great tubes.

LOL! JJ's. Nuff said. I wouldn't put their pre-amps anywhere near my recto ever again. Power amp tubes, that's a whole other story. But if you're swapping out the pre's go back to Doug's.

i've had nothing but great service feom doug. he emails back very quickly
and answers his phone during business hours.

he's always be more then helpful and knowledgable.

i wouldnt spend my $$ anywhere else.

otter

Mike at KCA NOS Tubes has been great to work with. Extensive online catalog and reviews/comments.

www.kcanostubes.com

I got kind of the same feeling from Doug's. Sounded like he was on a cell phone and didn't have a lot of time/interest to talk. I just bought what the guys on the board here recommend and they shipped them out immediately. So I got the good tone but didn't get any warm fuzzy's from Doug (or whoever it is that answered the phone that day).

^ I second that Doug was busy talking to someone in his store trying to straighten something out but he talked tubes with me and suggested the Ruby EL34s and he shipped it to me quickly. As far as JJs go I think they have good customer service but their tubes are just good decent tubes but their are better.

I spoke on the phone with Doug years ago and found him to be great. I think he has his favorites and that sometimes influences him, but he had more input to give vs. some other tube dealers I've ordered from.

As far as customer service, I'd say he goes the extra mile! I had an order with him and just missed a promotion. I sent him an email regarding it, and low and behold I got something nice in the mail. He didn't HAVE to do that, and I would have accepted it if I just "missed the boat", but HE DID!

I had a good experience with my preamp tubes from him (other than the mullard v2 made my amp dark as crap) but he told me today he couldn't supply me with 6 EH EL34's ???????

Latest posts

Back