Does the MB factory still do that 50 caliber mod?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dickeye

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I own a Mesa Boogie 50 caliber plus and I love it. The problem is like the shared lead master and so as a result, you really can get only one good channel. So what I resorted to a lot of times is to cranked the clean channel in till it started breaking up and then running a Catalinbread SCOD in front. Or, if I wanted to just get a good distortion channel, I would just fiddle around on the lead channel. Anyway, I read that some people on here did some mod that put a seperate lead master on these heads. Does anyone know more about this and did it change the tone of the amp at all?

You're in Austin? Me too. I've got two and you're right, with the gain on 10, the clean sounds like Angus Young...Good thing I don't use my clean channel. Talk to Andy/Monstatone. He can help.

If you do not have a separate Lead Master, you do not have a "Plus".
That's what "Plus" means.

scottcrud, yeah it certainly does and when I slam that Catalinbread SCOD in front of it, it gets this good fuzzyish tone that I love. No it is a '+' model, I just meant like many people who own it, I can't get a good clean and lead channel without sacrificing one for the other. Just like a single channel amp lol.

Latest posts

Back