does the lonestar have a fan?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btdvox

Reaction score
I know the LSS does bu ton the site it says the LSC has one but on the manual and on the back panels i see nothing ?

where is this switch? i cant see it on any of the pics off the site?

wierd, i dont see it anywhere, is it only on new models? how old is your lonestar?

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Lonestar/enlargemts/RearPanelLG.jpg

I got it about a month ago. I think it had been at GC for a while. I just checked my manual and the fan is not shown in it. Trust me mine has one. How do I find date of manufacture?

My LSS has a fan and it has a switch for recording, but it's very quiet.

yeah i dno, cuz the one im buying off the net used doesnt show one to the side, is there anyway you can post a pic? thanks

hmm i dno, on the pics of the one im buying it doesnt show it either, maybe some of the older models didnt have it, though the amp can only be less than 3 years old if that...
actualy 2 years....

It must be the age of the amp. I bought mine in July and it has a fan. I noticed that the rectifier switch on mine is a small toggle like the loop or reverb switch. I also noticed that there is a protective cylinder/cover on the el34 switch to keep you from accidentally hitting it.

I don't have a pic.

btdvox said:
is there anyway you can post a pic? thanks

Here you go:
FanSwitch.jpg

hmm, do you think ther ewould be any problems with ones that dont have the fan in it? I just bought one off of ebay, and i knew it was older but i knew lonestars are only less than 3 years at most sinc ethere debut, does any one have any ideas if it made a huge difference?

There must be a reason that Mesa decided to add a fan to the LSC. Maybe call up the guys at Mesa and see if they will tell you why the later models have a fan.

I have read on various boards that a lot of people just turn the fan off. I personally leave it on all the time since it is very quiet.

I have found out, that all lonestars have fans, the first years production of them, did not have a switch to turn it off.
That kinda sucks!! i want to keep my fan off all the time, Ill prob get a switch put in there, shouldnt be to hard, but yeah to reconfirm the all have fans, just some of them dont have the switch to turn it off, in which case you can get one installed or just take it out carefully haha,

I've got an LSC 1x12 and it has fan but no switch.

The only possible reason to shut off a fan would be to record, IMO. If I was in the studio, I'd simply unplug it.

Just curious...Why would you need to shut off the fan for recording?

My Stiletto Trident has a fan and no switch. I recorded today and I used an SM57 for close micing a speaker on my 4x12. When I stopped playing the mic picked up no fan noise at all. We also used a very nice (and very sensitive) condenser mic positioned to pick up some room ambience. Again, we couldn't hear the fan when I stopped playing. If we did, we would have just used a gate. Fairly common practice.

mightypudge said:
Just curious...Why would you need to shut off the fan for recording?

My Stiletto Trident has a fan and no switch. I recorded today and I used an SM57 for close micing a speaker on my 4x12. When I stopped playing the mic picked up no fan noise at all. We also used a very nice (and very sensitive) condenser mic positioned to pick up some room ambience. Again, we couldn't hear the fan when I stopped playing. If we did, we would have just used a gate. Fairly common practice.

When i record Guitars, I use a 57Beta right up to the cab, and then a Rode K2 a little further away, and my K2 is clear as day, and picks up any sound...but it sounds soo sweet, that fan would cutthrought. easily unless im playing....and plus. why would you need a fan in a tube amp, i never had one in my triple recto

Back