Does anyone REALLY need a Triple Rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I didn't really need one. I don't think needing it is the issue. Wanting to have 50 watts more than everyone else in the band is just nice, because in every scenario, from club to coliseum...the Triple really does "go to 11" :idea: . That's why I bought one over the Dual :lol: :lol: . Some say the Triple does have a "darker" sound as well, that is a little different from the Dual counterpart.

-AJH

Interesting question. I would assume that the triple just has a deeper voice due to it's higher power capacity and would have more headroom. People buy their amps for many reasons. Some just want the baddest thing out there. The Triple I would say fits the bill prior to the RK. I know that a Triple never really gets pushed ever. Could you imagine a KT-88 loaded triple being pushed? That would seriously give irregular heartbeats to the first few rows. In that case, I believe it would be more about air movement and the feel. Sure the bottom would get better but it sure would be hard to get that sucker to start coming unglued without earplugs and a helmet.

The extra headroom makes for deeper and tighter bass response, and a way better clean channel...certainly not Lonestar/RK2 but a vast improvement over the DR.

You can get them to "come unglued" (at least with 6L6's) by keeping the Output up around 1:00 :shock: and controlling volume with the Channel Masters. Earplugs not a bad idea but no helmet req'd (maybe a neck brace the next day)

Pfffffft Triple's are for sissy's! What i need is a quadruple rec, hmm or maybe even a quintuple rec. Yeah, that it, a quintuple rec...like i said quadruple rec's are for sissy's

ur86d said:
Pfffffft Triple's are for sissy's! What i need is a quadruple rec, hmm or maybe even a quintuple rec. Yeah, that it, a quintuple rec...like i said quadruple rec's are for sissy's

Then get a Recto Preamp and a Strategy 500........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :twisted: :twisted:

-AJH

ur86d said:
LOL! The UN is against weapons of mass destruction!

Ciao ...

I need a triple, its like holding a gun to my drummers head. Now all our band levels stay within reason cause if anyone wants to get ridiculous, I am the king!

and i liked the tone better as well, its a little wider sounding to me, and I can push the clean channel a bit louder before it breaks-up.

I bought my triple for the same price as a dual. I am glad I did though because I really like the extra headroom, sucks when I have to change the tubes out though hehe.

it serves the same market that the mark III coliseum heads served. and the marshall major. there is nobody. and I mean NOBODY that needs 200 watts. especially out of a mark III, but the extra wattage increases the headroom, makes for a much tighter bass response, and a really great clean sound that will stay that way at high volumes

David.W said:
I need a triple, its like holding a gun to my drummers head. Now all our band levels stay within reason cause if anyone wants to get ridiculous, I am the king!
+1 :twisted:

I'm using a Hot Plate with my DR, and it's still too loud. I don't think I need an extra 50 watts.

Though with the extra headroom, maybe I could get my cleans up to 150dB before it starts breaking up. :)

Cleans don't need to be played that loud. If you're playing that loud, you should be using an overdriven sound with your pointy-headed guitar and hair extensions.

cellardweller said:
What market, specifically do they serve?

Is it a niche between the Dual and a Roadking?

Is it some magical wattage which lends itself to godliness? :lol:

They sound great at low volumes believe it or not (IMO).

Rectifiers gain is primarily preamp driven, so the power section is designed to provide clean power (more or less) without the intent of driving the power tubes into clipping.

I think the Triples sound a little different, even at lower volumes. They sound tighter and meaner to me in general.

Their tone won't fall apart as easily when you crank them up because of the added headroom as well :).

Between my single rec and triple rec the only difference i could notice was more headroom and a little more oomph. There probably isnt much difference than the dual and triple if their is, it is very slight.

The triple makes band practice way more productive!!!! before the triple, you always had to wait for the drummer to shut-up.... or the bass player to shut-up.... drummers and bass players now give a second thought to veering off by themselves into left field at full volume for fear of having their heads blown off by a triple.... and therefore without all that veering, the band becomes more productive.........

2 dual-rec full-stacks will also do the trick... or if you want your bass player to become sumbmissive (without using an arm-bar or other mma submission technique)... get a thundercab guitar cab... it'll do the trick...

AA

Keeping drummers and bassists inline is not too difficult. They aren't that smart. Tell the drummer that there is a little bindy bag in it for him if he can keep things productive for the practice. When you are done slip him a couple $ and tell him to score it himself. He will be more than happy. The bassist is a little more work but easy to take care of too. This one takes some collaboration with your frontman. Together you convince the bassist that there is someone else waiting to take his spot that is better than him in whatever your bassist is lacking (doesn't matter, insert something that is his sore spot- technique, theory, songwriting, stage presence, whatever)and doesn't waste your time. A little intimidation of this sort goes a long way. The nice thing is that you can use this approach with the drummer too if he isn't a substance user. 9 times out of 10 they won't see though your ruse and you get the benefit of peace and them concentrating on performing at higher levels to suit your needs. Manipulative? Yes, but well worth it. Flea style voyages can be nice but are not always necessary and can be annoying. A drummer who thinks he is the next coming of Bonham or Neil Pert's protege can also be enough to make you cringe.

Russ said:
Keeping drummers and bassists inline is not too difficult. They aren't that smart. Tell the drummer that there is a little bindy bag in it for him if he can keep things productive for the practice. When you are done slip him a couple $ and tell him to score it himself. He will be more than happy. The bassist is a little more work but easy to take care of too. This one takes some collaboration with your frontman. Together you convince the bassist that there is someone else waiting to take his spot that is better than him in whatever your bassist is lacking (doesn't matter, insert something that is his sore spot- technique, theory, songwriting, stage presence, whatever)and doesn't waste your time. A little intimidation of this sort goes a long way. The nice thing is that you can use this approach with the drummer too if he isn't a substance user. 9 times out of 10 they won't see though your ruse and you get the benefit of peace and them concentrating on performing at higher levels to suit your needs. Manipulative? Yes, but well worth it. Flea style voyages can be nice but are not always necessary and can be annoying. A drummer who thinks he is the next coming of Bonham or Neil Pert's protege can also be enough to make you cringe.
WOW! that is close to my situation!

Latest posts

Back