Does Anyone have...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recording of a high gain clip with an overdrive pedal in front of a Rectifier? if possible I'd like to hear a TS-9 or, even better, a Maxon OD-808 boosting the overdrive for some really good Heavy gain palm-muting and soloing. Thanks

-AJH

All I have is a TS-8. Lemme know if you want something recorded, I can put something up.

Howitzer said:
Killswitch Engage, and Unearth would be great places to start.

I don't believe they recorded with Rectos, they do use tube screamer type pedals though like the Maxon OD808. KSE has gone from Framus Dragons to H&K Triamps. Unearth used Framus Cobra's and now VHT Deliverances. I believe they also used 5150's on Oncoming Storm. Though I have seen Unearth with a Recto live, but not being used, just as a backup for his Cobra.

I used to have a 3 channel Dual Recto and loved the way it took my Maxon OD808. Things got a lot tighter. Though you may want a noise suppressor of some type. Throwing an overdrive in front of an already high gainy amp channel will add a fair bit of noise. I like the Boss NS-2, it has it's own built in fx loop that's perfect for boost pedals.

Alive or just breathing - Almost ALL rectos. Same with The end Of heartache. The newer album has different layers for sure. But those first 2 are definately pure recto.

They have switched sponsorships LIVE, but did not record with different amps in the studio.

you are probably right about Unearth though.

Howitzer said:
Alive or just breathing - Almost ALL rectos. Same with The end Of heartache. The newer album has different layers for sure. But those first 2 are definately pure recto.

They have switched sponsorships LIVE, but did not record with different amps in the studio.

you are probably right about Unearth though.

Nope. End of Heartache was all Peavey 5150 and Framus Dragon, with the exception of 'Rose Of Sharyn' where a Framus Cobra was used.

Latest posts

Back