? Does anyone from Mesa Boogie visit or is a member here ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the pl plus is a power aconditioner that ensures you that there will not be a great overvoltage or a great drop, but it doesn´t regulates the voltage for example into the 105, 115 voltages values

i think more buusnesses should be like mesa, they don't make disposable products wanting us to come back for replacements, they just make newer hotter stuff for us to lust over... :lol:

Koprofag said:
Nobody can speak ill of Mesa as a company. Anyone with the slightest understanding of economy will understand that no full-time company is worth the energy if it doesn't make a living.

Well put.

In response to Fatboy's concerns about repairability of the Triaxis, this goes to Mesa's philosophy and price point in the market in general.

Fender, Marshall and many others use PCBs and cheap PCB-mounted jacks and tubes in most of their tube amps to save money. These amps can be unreliable and nearly impossible to repair.

If you want something easy to repair, buy a point-to-point wired boutique tube amp, which will probably cost a small fortune up front. Dumble anyone??

Mesa comes down somewhere between these two extremes. Build quality and materials are very good, but to save money Mesa does use PCBs, although with some point-to-point wiring. Randall Smith has stated in print that he is trying to build good quality amps that sound like boutique amps, but at lower prices. I think he has succeeded pretty well at this. In addition, most Mesa amps have channel switching and other useful features that most of the boutique amps lack.

Don't forget, the Triaxis is more than 10 years old now! If Mesa thought they would sell enough of them, I am sure they would design a new version and fix some of the little bugs.

My first Boogie (a MKI) was a build to order amp in 1982. My older brother ordered it and gave it to me on June 1, 1982 on my 16'th B-day. I was so lost in dialing that amp, but I called Mesa and Randall, himself, helped me dial it in. 25 years later, I can still call Mesa and speak with Michael Taylor and get first class help. What other company can do that? None that I can think of....

There are alot of boutique companies around now, but we will see which will still be around 25 years from now......and still give first class, one on one, human customer service... 8)

Latest posts

Back