Does anyone actually use the Raw voice on their Recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingdaisy

Reaction score
I do. I tend to use it with the gain dimed for some stoner type stuff.

Just wondering if I'm the only one who actually uses this voice?

screamingdaisy said:

I use it a lot when I'm messing around at home, but I find the volume difference is a pain to setup in a band situation, even on both channels. Same thing with the vintage mode. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I never use the raw mode on my RK. I may in the studio to get that grungey, lo-fi sound, but live I stick with Vintage and Modern on channels 3 and 4 respectively.

I use the Raw mode on channel 3 on my Triple... I have the gain set about 50% and I use it for the "Classic Rock" tone for stuff like Bad Company, AC/DC, ect...when using my Wolfgang guitar..... It also is a PERFECT country semi distorted tone when using my telecaster. It does a GREAT Keith Urban sound and if I turn the gain back a bit it is a great Brad Paisley tone. I also will use it in conjunction with my V-Twin and have a channel with a bit more drive but not as much as my full blown "metal" channel.

screamingdaisy said:

Never.. to get my awesome stoner sound on my RK, I just crank the balls out of one of my clean channels. It helps when you can have progressive power selecton.

Areola said:
screamingdaisy said:

Never.. to get my awesome stoner sound on my RK, I just crank the balls out of one of my clean channels. It helps when you can have progressive power selecton.

What about the fat mode? The strokes sound good on that mode with a lot of gain.

Latest posts

Back