Do I take the plunge and get the IIC+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbest182

Reaction score
Decisions, decisions.

So I have a guy locally who has a Mark IIC+ - exactly what I'm looking for 60w, with EQ... I'm a punk rock guitar player, who dabs in metal.. I only use the lead channels on things mostly... I have a Mark V, I bought my Mark V because I wanted the closest thing to a IIC+, and I love it... I really do, but I feel it's a little too much for my needs.. but I think channel 3 is worth it.

In order to pick up the IIC+, I'm going to have to sell my V.. I've had a little GAS lately, and have been really changing things up, changing guitars, buying backup heads, etc...

So to you C+ guys, is it worth the plunge? Is it worth getting rid of my Mark V to get a IIC+?

Why not? If you dont like it you could sell the C+ in 3 seconds and there a tons of Mark Vs out there. I say do it. Or sell the V and get a Mark III and save some money.

Yep! Same opinion here. But why don't you test the IIC+ if it's locally. Selling the V and buying an Amp without testing isn't a solution in my opinion. But as droptrd already said. If you want to sell it, there won't be any problem. Especially those EQ loaded IIC+ sell without any problem. Even an upgraded IIC+ 60W, with EQ, without Reverb sold for $2250. Those things are quite high at the moment. And going back to a Mark V won't be a problem.

+1 on going ahead and play testing the amp, since it's local.

If you're not using anything but a IIC+ sound from the V, seems like going to the real deal makes sense.

The C+ will be brighter and not have as many options. You'll have to crank it a bit more to get more distortion as opposed to the V. But it has a unique and beautiful sound. At the very least go give it a try. You likely won't have a chance to play one locally again. Take settings with you.

Hard to say whether it's worth it for you, so I would definitely recommend demoing it if you can. There are many great attributes to a C+ including a wonderful feel and of course tone, but it's not as versatile as a Mark V. I don't think I'd sell my C+ unless I needed the money, but if I had to chose one amp it would be the Mark IV (in my case). I'd miss the C+ though.

What do you mean the Mark V is "a little too much" for your needs? If you're getting what you need from the Mark V, I'd say keep it, especially since you'll need to sell it to finance the C+. And while it's true there are deep markets for both, there are still transaction costs to buying and selling. Of course, if you get the C+ at a good price you could make some $$. Demo it.

Latest posts

Back