direct from the amp?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highwaynine

Reaction score
Does anyone here use the direct-out with speaker-off switch for recording? My DC has this feature, but I've not tried it. I guess I don't know how much of the sound I hear is because of the speaker, or if it's all in the head.

If you have a recording out on your head it's worth giving it a try but I doubt it's going to sound very good.

Sounds great on my Mark IV especially if you are just starting recording but you can't beat a good old mic. It's definately worth a try though.

i have a DC and use the direct out occasionally, it works very well for recording clean tones, lead channel not so much

If you use the silent record feature on a Mark IV and the record send into the board, but do have your speaker hooked up, is your amp safe?

I know that power up with no speaker runs high risk of damage. I want to be absolutely sure that everything would be cool in this setup before tryin it...

Yes, leave the speaker plugged in. NEVER run a tube amp without a load of some kind.

Direct out can be handy, but the speakers and cabs play such a critical part in the tone shaping process. This is lost when going direct. I mic, always.

I tried it myself on the lead channel and the sound was so disappointing I didnt even bother to try the clean channel.

Was a pity because it could have been very useful if it had sounded anyway half decent.

Latest posts

Back