dimensions of the metal-grill 2x12" vertical halfback c

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eltrain858

Reaction score
i'm contemplating jumping in the same boat as ibanez4lifeSZ...

i have a combo and i just now got a serious urge to pull the chassis and stick it in a new headshell.

then i could pick up a halfback 2x12". i've never heard one, but i really like the idea of the ported EVM/open C-90 combination. I love the way my amp sounds now, but i don't think that the two halfback C-90s i have right now do the IV justice.

i would probably sell the combo cabinet and the C-90 black shadow, but hold on to the wide 1x12" extension cab i have now for situations where the 2x12 would be too much. my combo is in great shape, so hopefully i could get close to what it would cost for the new headshell. then i'd just have to come up with the money for the 2x12... :(

does anyone have the dimensions for these old mark 2x12 cabs? i couldnt find them on google.. :?:

after fantasizing about the 2x12, i thought it would be sweet to replace the metal grill with something like the rectifier vertical 2x12" grillcloth to make it match the look of the mark iv a little better, but that would totally depend on the dimensions. (i highly doubt they would be close enough in size for it to work, but now that i thought of it i just have to know!)

Here is a pic of a wide combo sitting next to a 2x12 halfback.

SN8R48rh9NfSWyaEKtaxdiMn2856.jpg

Just as a size comparison. I had a pic of a wide head sitting on one but I lost it. I also had a pic of a short head on one but lost that too.

My bad, it was after midnight. I was pretty tired last night.

I would say if you could get it for $250 you'd be doing good. I think I would pass if I couldn't get it for $300. There again those cabs are disappearing again so you might want to try to get it anyway. The EVM's alone are worth a couple hundred. Last year I missed out on a couple here that went for $250 and $275 but they weren't loaded with a pair of EVM's. The one for $250 was C90's and the other was a C90 in the top and an EVM in the bottom.

I paid $300-$350 for mine and it wasn't loaded with an EV on the bottom (it had a vintage 50) but I found it in Japan so I knew I wasn't going to get a good price on it. The 412 cabs go for like $400-$500 but the 212 cabs have more realestate inside for the speakers. I wonder if 2 212's would sound better than 1 412?

I'd say if you get one that has the stereo plate on the back then it is most likely C90/Vintage loaded but if it has the single input jack then it is probably C90/EV loaded or C90/Eminence 150 watt loaded. These cabs all sound good in their own right so don't pass it up at a good price because it doesn't have the EV's loaded. You can always buy EV's later (i bought my bottom EV for $78 and it sounds incredible) or go with Eminence Delta Pro's as an alternative.

Greg

hey greg, can you measure your cab for me? no more choo-choo comments, i promise :wink:

eltrain858 said:
hey greg, can you measure your cab for me? no more choo-choo comments, i promise :wink:

Well for your information i just put the choo choo on ebay! :) I don't have a tape measure so the measurements won't be exact but a rough estimate. I believe these cabs were also meant to hold the long heads without looking odd.

Greg

disassembled said:
I wonder if 2 212's would sound better than 1 412?

i think you're onto something there.. that could really be my dream rig... use the mark iv combo with nothing in the loop, then run the Slave/DI output into effects processor/pedalboard, then into a two:fifty powering two 2x12" halfbacks :shock:

eltrain858 said:
i think you're onto something there.. that could really be my dream rig... use the mark iv combo with nothing in the loop, then run the Slave/DI output into effects processor/pedalboard, then into a two:fifty powering two 2x12" halfbacks :shock:

A 290 is nearly an exact copy of the Mark IV output section or you could use a 295 too.

**** that would be a lot of crap to setup but I bet it would sound awesome. Mark IV combo dry and the 290 wet with two half back 212 cabs running in stereo.

Greg

Back