Digitech RP1000

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the Digitech RP 1000? Not necessarily for the modelers built in, but for its effects and channel switching capabilities.

Thanks

It has no channel switiching abilities and no MIDI. Those are its two inherent flaws, I had one for about a weeks before putting it up on ebay because of that. I didn't check carefully enough - those nice, round ports on the back are XLRs and not MIDI.

The amp models were all pretty much the same, and not terribly good. They sounded like they had one amp tone and just mildly changed the EQ from one "model" to the next.

The effects sounded nice, most notable the chorus was very good. I don't remember hearing a ton of tone sucking going on either. I don't know, I didn't evaluate it much after realzing it was useless due to its lack of any kind of program change capability.

Don't worry, like I said, I fell into the same trap. That's how they market it! I complete, integrated switching system. What they don't tell you is that it can only switch internally, nothing external.

Latest posts

Back