Diamond Plate Appreciation Thread

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oyster said:
Has anyone painted their diamond plate, I am considering doing that later today (flat black). Will I have to sand it (YIKES!)? Will the paint stick? Will it look like "a stupid amateur painted his amp black what a loser"?

:?: :?:

my old studio mate just did his up with spraypaint, no prep no nothing.
It looked good

Im thinking off pulling mine of and hitting it up with some of that special paint made to tint chrome different colors. The only question is, what color?

Has anyone taken off the diamond plate? If so what does it look like underneath? Is it just sheet metal? Pictures would be great, my friend wants to take off his front panel and make his own.

Thanks!

akhilleus said:
I like my black diamond plate. The tonal control areas are all chrome, so there's a very cool dynamic created between the dark faceplate and the shiney chrome. It's like the faceplate is somehow less pronounced even though that's the maw of the beast. My head looks very timid from a first glance.

+1

Got any pics?

I think I'm going to buy my Roadster from a dealer instead of ordering and waiting, but the only thing I would really change about the amp is the black diamond plating. Is there any way that I could change the black diamond plating on the grill to chrome? Could I spraypaint it or something? Any help is appreciated...thanks.

I love the diamond thread palte on boogies,If I was buying a RK I would custom order it with a chrome plate,Im not much a fan of blag thread plate Im not too much into my really dark metal stuff and I think it looks odd if your not playing bone cruching metal with a black diamond plate recto...............get a threat started here for a hardwood appreciation club,you really cant beat a MKIIC+ in a hardwood case!!!!!!!!!

Rock on

Euan

So is the diamond plate removable then? I would like to change mine to all black.
I was under the impression that they were like built into the wood of the head?

dirty noise,they are held on by glue,Im sure Ive read that a good heat source should take that off,most likely a hairdryer just to soften up the glue

what about that

Euan

1.jpg

DSC08747.jpg

:)

I frickin' love the Diamond plate...It's already been said here, but it looks TOUGH!...Just my two cents...

Nice ESP 4n. Did you do that or did it come like that?

I just got my g major and 4u rack. This thread helped me figure out how I was gonna fill the empty space in my rack.

treadplategoodshot.jpg

You should vent that diamonplate section and put it at the top. It would mimic the amp.

Yeah I hadnt thought of that it would probably break it up better. I have a black plate too they both look cool. Thanx.

4nkam said:

HEY HEY HEY!! I didn't know you had that in your stable! How did Sharp Concepts do? I'm thinking about asking to get my EXP diamond plated as a Christmas Present. I'm going to get it in Black, probably powder coated. How much did it cost for the body and Headstock if you don't mind me asking? Also, where did you get the ESP logo? I Need a white one, with "Custom" under it....hehe, when I'm done my Edwards is going to look exactly like Hetfield's Deer skull JH-2 (with the addition of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget ) Probably won't get the headstock dp'd, but that looks great man.

Thanks man, Awesome looking guitar, the ESP EXP is one of my favorite guitars of all time....besides the Ken Lawrence Explorer..

-AJH

MesaENGR412 said:
HEY HEY HEY!! I didn't know you had that in your stable! How did Sharp Concepts do? I'm thinking about asking to get my EXP diamond plated as a Christmas Present. I'm going to get it in Black, probably powder coated. How much did it cost for the body and Headstock if you don't mind me asking? Also, where did you get the ESP logo? I Need a white one, with "Custom" under it....hehe, when I'm done my Edwards is going to look exactly like Hetfield's Deer skull JH-2 (with the addition of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget ) Probably won't get the headstock dp'd, but that looks great man.

Thanks man, Awesome looking guitar, the ESP EXP is one of my favorite guitars of all time....besides the Ken Lawrence Explorer..

-AJH

Yup, I had that guitar for awhile but sold it about two years back :( I actually had the diamondplate done like 5 years ago or so, really early before sharp concepts kinda took off so the price was pretty low :D

I had the logo made by some company in california but I guess they're outta business now cuz they never replied to any of my other messages I had sent.

I really wanna get another explorer and diamondplate it again :D It looked cool and felt great!

Latest posts

Back