deleted

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all this info....I've been wondering about this stuff since I bought my Mark I reissue, and you've clarified everything for me, especially the part about the load on the speaker and amp. Thanks.

Tom

You've got that right, souelle. Only run the 6V6's in the tweed setting. I've been using the JJ 6V6's in my Mark 1 for the past 18 months...absolutely love it. I recently swapped the C90 speaker for a Celestion Vintage 30. Beautiful tone.

I have a set of JJ 6v6s arriving this weekend and hope to gig them on Saturday with my Mesa Mk 1 re-issue. I use channel 2 and have it set pretty clean for the stuff we do.

Any tips regarding headroom, tone or settings that you have found work best would be appreciated. I have been happy with the amp but I like to try different sounds and I suppose we are always on the lookout for that great sound.

Really appreciate your views.

I notice a couple of you guys talking about JJ tubes...well, I just bought some Groove Tube 6V6's for my Mark I RI and they sound pretty good, but I'm wondering now, did I blow it? Meaning, are the JJ's alot better, in your opinion, of course.
Also, I've got the EV speaker in mine and I'm thinking of putting in something LIGHTER, that amp is so **** heavy, maybe the Vintage 30...any thoughts on this speaker with the Mark I RI?

Thanks.

If you have an ajustable bias pot in your amp, you can run the 6v6's at full power. I spoke to Bob at euro tubes and it works out (for me MKIV) at 20 ma a tube at 450 plate volts.

Back