Decent, affordable Les Paul copies?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Epiphone Deluxes are good if you put EMGs in them. Don't get a Zakk Wylde though.. the neck is nice but it doesn't have the better EMGs (81/85 or 81/69)

Thought I'd let you all know I ended up getting a MIJ Tokai and the rumours are true, these things are as good as Gibsons. Infact the frets, playability and binding, everything is better than the Gibsons at my local Sound Control store. It cost me around £500, a Gibson Les Paul Standard would have cost be around £1300-£1400. Highly recommended!

I have an Edwards Les Paul clone and love it. Edwards is made by ESP for the Japan market. Here's the website:

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html

Mine's the E-LP-90LTS in Vintage Honeyburst.

I have a bunch of pics posted in another thread.

I'm with mr fender. I owned an edwards les paul and it was great. Duncan pups, fantastic quality and workmanship. Having said that I did sell it. I just found myself opting for my prs mccarty for those sort of sounds but i have friends who have sold their orig pauls and bought an edwards and used the leftover $$ to get a boogie!

Won't have a Les Paul tone but this ESP Eclipse CTM-1 sure looks sweet and is a fantastic metal guitar:

eclipse-i_ctm_ft_gbk_chr_1.jpg

That's a beautiful photo, Crest. The trees and clouds reflect perfect off the finish, but they should have taken the **** bag off the case handle haha.

From my first glances at the menace, I thought it was going to be a gem I was looking for. Just one inlay, a matte black/green tint finish, gibson studio. Boy, was I wrong. The inlay is some want-to-be tough guy fist or brass knuckles and the guitar is lined with weird little body mods. I've never seen one in person and am not sure I have the desire.

What about these? $200 aint bad for a Gibson Custom Shop. :lol:
Link

I'd stick to a Japanese import over an LTD. For a few bucks more you get a guitar made in one of the big Japanese factories that are famous for high quality and sold pretty much exclusively to a market that is fanatic about guitars and don't really accept compromises. LTDs aren't sold in Japan. I have an Edwards and they're outstanding guitars as are the other Japanese brands mentioned.

If you go through a bunch you can find a good plain Epiphone Les Paul. It just takes patience.

The new Slash Epi is really good and the 3 that I have tried have been excellent.

what do you think about the epi 1956 reissue ebony (not the gold top) with p90 pups ?

Get a vintage Jap-Lawsuit Copy! Plays better then the real thing and sounds just as good or better.

Here's mine:

IMG_1484.png

IMG_1489.png

IMG_1504.png

IMG_1526.png

IMG_1535.png

IMG_1544.png

IMG_1545.png

IMG_1546.png

IMG_1551.png

yeah i heard about those greco, kasugi, ibanez, etc...

i'm seaching for one...

BFG = "Barely Finished Guitar" :p

I got an Epi Elitist LP Standard a couple months ago and it is crazy good. Has become my new #1, actually. It compares favorably with all the Standards I have played that we've received at work.

Considering what you can get for the same price from an older Japanese Lawsuit copy... yea they're pretty bad...

****... maybe it's a "piece of cake" to find one (in reasonnable price, forget tokai and stuff like that) in USA but here it's a f**** grail quest :?

i have an occasion for a kasuga 70's at 450 €... i really don't know if it worth it... i have no clues :(

Back