dC5 a badged mesa engineering Vs mesa boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpvargasj45

Reaction score
I bought a Mesa boogie although it was at a used shop. It may have been brand new. I don’t know in 1994. It had smoother on it then the bronco and said Mesa engineering on the front. It was an incredible lamp or it was taken in 1997. I bought an amp straight through Mesa boogie. Through the artist program it was a DCA had the bronco tolex and was badged mesa boogie . The amp that was badged based engineering was far superior to the one that was badged Mesa boogie. Does anybody know if there were some circuitries changes on the DC five a ? I know a lot of B rev are badged Mesa engineering but this one had the LED lights the one button foot switch. . I don’t think it was a B so basically I’ve had two DC five A’s and the one that was badged. Mesa engineering was heads and tails better than the one that said Mesa boogie had the same experience.

I haven't heard of any other variations than the DC-5A and B. The A had more gain on the rhythm channel, while the B had less to make it more usable as a clean channel. Were the speakers the same and the tubes? It's always possible that there were some mods done to one or the other.

I haven't heard of any other variations than the DC-5A and B. The A had more gain on the rhythm channel, while the B had less to make it more usable as a clean channel. Were the speakers the same and the tubes? It's always possible that there were some mods done to one or the other.
Yes it had the black shadow speaker. Mesa tubes but don’t know if they were the same. I heard the mesa enginerring badged ones were right before the B version and some circuits and electrionic parts were from different manufacturers ,
I owned a B dc10 and didn’t like it compared to the DC5A. Too clean and more modern gain channel. I just purchased another DC5 A badged mesa boogie, What are the best tubes, I think mesa sells a vintage and high gain maybe that was the difference ,
I have liked JJs ,

Latest posts

Back