DC3 no reverb on lead channel / other questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegleg

Reaction score
Hi Guys....first visit here and a couple of questions regarding the DC3 I've just purchased off good ole Ebay. There appears to be no reverb on the lead channel. Clean is fine. Is it a valve problem ? Also am interested in how old it is. What period was the DC3 built and am I right posting in 'Vintage' ? There are a couple of things on the amp that don't match the manual, ie the marking around the channel swictch on the front panel, was there an updated DC3 at any point ? Another observation is that the EQ doesn't seem to be noticeably effective particularly at lower volumes. Wind it up a bit and there is more difference , but nothing compared to that on my old Mk IV. So far I'm really pleased with the amp, have gigged it a couple of times. I feel much more comfortable with it than I did the Mk IV. (physically as well as emotionally ;^)....crikey that thing was heavy :wink:

Cheers

fdesalvo said:
Dude, I can tell you (as a former DC3 and present DC10 owner) the reverb is hard to notice on the lead channels.

+1 on the reverb comment. Even in the clean channel it's not the best. I run with external verb all the time - never even move the pot off "0".

The V-5 preamp tube is your reverb tube.

Also, from the orignal info that came with my DC-3, entitle "Design Upgrade":

"The rest of the Dual Caliber line, DC-3, DC-5 & DC-10 benfit from now having the on-board Graphic Equalizer accessible via the Rhythm/Lead footswitch. ... The EQ Footswitch assign mini toggle located on the left side of the Rear Panel allows you two choiceas of EQ activation. The Rhythm/Lead (up) position will allow you to call up the EQ at any time via the footswitch regardless of whether you are in the Rhythm or Lead channel. The lead only position allows you to access the Lead channel with the EQ active with only one switch pressed at the footswitch. This enables you to choose between any of the three sounds; Rhythm, Lead and either Rhythm EQ or Lead EQ with only one stroke. To use the footswitch the Rhythm/Lead toggle (on the front panel) must in in the Lead (center) position."

Back