DC owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiffMaster91

Reaction score
Just curious how many people here have a dc model boogie

Here's mine:

half-stack.jpg

dc-10.jpg

eq.jpg

cab.jpg

blueled.jpg

Nice amp :) I'd like to test them DC-10s some time, but for now I am happy with my DC-3 combo:

116-1624_IMG.JPG

that DC-10 is awesome! i'm looking to get one pretty soon. they're getting harder and harder to find. lemme know if you need to find a loving home for it indeed :wink: lol.

I have a DC-5 combo. I will be building a head cab for it in the near future.

RiffMaster91 said:
Just curious how many people here have a dc model boogie

Here's mine:

half-stack.jpg

dc-10.jpg

eq.jpg

cab.jpg

blueled.jpg
Put a DC-5 on that cab instead of a 10 and thats my setup. Speakers will be changed out shortly to a combo of Vin 30's and 30H's, which i'm real excited about. I think i might try and marry my DC-5. It's that good to me.
Matt

I have a DC-3 also. It's a great little amp, but mine seems to run really hot.

I laugh every time I hear somebody talk about how great their Peavey Classic 30 is!

Bill

I like the speakers in the marshall, but wanna get some v30 action in there too.

Ill probably buy a 2x12 with v30s, maybe a used boogie or an avatar, then i can use the 2x12 for smaller jam sessions and both for gigs :D

I bought a 97' DC-5 combo about a month ago. It's in "as new" condition. It's taking a bit of time to get used to but I'm lovin' it!

DC-10 Head with Boogie 4X12 here. Wouldn't give it up for the world. In my opinion it is one of the best amps Boogie ever made. I still can't understand for the life of me why they stopped making it.

^ I KNOW!!! i got it VERY cheap, and now looking back i think it's worth a tad more... I was messing around with the eq and i love the versatility it has, im finally starting to be happy with my tone! :D :D

hello people :)

nic from italy here... i have a DC-5 combo and i really love it :D

i am gonna posting a pic of my gear too...

bye,
nic :lol:

Hm, could you people please tell what kind of sounds you're getting out of your DC's, and maybe some nice settings?

Myself, I play mostly metal, but also different other things. I have to admit the DC-3 isn't completely spot on for my tastes, but I manage to get it into metal territory with a TS-9 (808 modded) on bedroom levels. I set gain about 7, bass 7-8, treble 8-9, mid 5-6 and presence almost maxed (lead channel). A shallow V shape on the EQ. I don't play for others, so I haven't had to crank it. Not sure if it will sound very good with these settings on higher levels, when I turn it up it turns into something completely different. I guess that will require some new tweaking.

Great amp, love the tone, I got a DC5 combo in tan with the EV speaker... havy little combo... I got it very cheap (I think) a couple of years ago, I always wanted to have a DC-10 but way to expensive at that time and after years finding the one that I have cheaper and in great condition...

Did you guys see this thing. Man, I'd love to have a nice hardwood box w/ wicker for my DC-5
http://cgi.ebay.com/MESA-BOOGIE-DC-5-Hardwood-Bubinga-and-Wicker-Head_W0QQitemZ160018299375QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very nice...too bad it's not a DC-10! I'd love to have something like that for mine, but I'm sure as much as I use mine, I'd hate myself for the first scratch that got on it.

larseko said:
Hm, could you people please tell what kind of sounds you're getting out of your DC's, and maybe some nice settings?

Hello larseko, that is a nice argument to discuss.
I am trying since foverer, to get our from my DC-5 amp a jazzy-distortion, something like Larry Carlton.

At this moment i am using the lead channel with:
Gain 3
Treble 6
Mid max
Bass max
Presence 5
and the 5-band EQ with 240Hz a little bit up, and 80Hz more up.

The problem in my opinion is that the sound (for my jazz distortion) is too dry of bass-middle frequences, don't you think that ?

Best,
Nicola :roll:

Latest posts

Back