DC-5 Volume Mod Video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklight_uk

Reaction score
Hi guys i uploaded a short video just to show those with the older version DC-5 where the resistor that they need to snip is.

For details of the mod go here - http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=229027

Basically it makes it easier to use the DC-5 at bedroom levels (between 1 and 2) without affecting any other settings.

For the video go here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHlyqVQ8hc

Thanks for posting the video. I have a DC-5 on the way to me but it might be newer as it has the slider switches.

By the way, the word on the street is that the lead channel voicing is dark. Are there any popular mods to open up the treble response on the DC series heads ?

Hey Paul. Don't believe the word on the street! The DC-5 can be a very bright amp the way it is. It all depends on what you put into it and how loud you play it. At bedroom levels, it generally is harder to get a bright sound, but once you get the volume to midway it'll open out a lot more :)

Thanks for posting the video. I pulled out the chassis for the first time ever last night, and am very happy with this mod. Practicing in the house while my wife is home is manageable now!!

No problem guys :) I'm loving the mod too, i've been playing pretty much non stop the past two days!

Have you seen the thread on the DC Cartel yet? It's a little bit of fun, kind of a forum club for DC or Caliber owners :)

blacklight_uk said:
Have you seen the thread on the DC Cartel yet? It's a little bit of fun, kind of a forum club for DC or Caliber owners :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the DC Cartel, and where can I find it?

I did this mod last night...and a big difference it makes. I actually think my overall tone is slightly better (at least in my head it is). Thanks for the vid.

Latest posts

Back