DC-5 pull boost mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusguitar

Reaction score
Mates i need a schematic or a drawing for the pull boost mod for the DC-5b.
I search in the forum but didn't find something.
Is it possible someone to help me?
maybe a link?
Thanks

I'm searching again the forum right now and i read a post (http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3306) about the volume change in the pull boost mod.
Is it true?
Guys give me some help....

come on guys, i know that a lot of guys did the mod
at least give me some directions to pass them to my technician friend
do you want me to depress? huh? :mrgreen:

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for.

Are you asking how to make the push pull gain on the clean channel foot switchable?

If so, I would agree with Monsta-tone that the boost would be too much to be usable. There would be no way to dial back the gain or the output while switching without turning back the gain or master on the amp. This would make what you are asking for useless.

I have never heard of anyone actually doing this mod.

thanks for your input man...
yes, i'm talking to make the pull boost foot switchable...it'll be like a solo boost mode for bluesy passages...
i don't understand why it's not usable...i can control the extra amp volume with my guitar volume... i do this every time while on soloing...
anyway, is there a way or schematic or some directions on paper?...iwould like to give it a try...
thanks again mate!

Good point about the guitar volume.
I've never seen a schematic for that mod, sorry

@fusguitar: Thank you for posting this, I just got a DC-5 the other day and I was wondering the same thing

Don't mention it mate!
Maybe Monsta-Tone who is a true expert on boogies - as i can see from the search - can help us...

I did that mod to my DC-5 and the difference in volume means it is totally unusable.

It's easy enough to do, any amp tech would be able to do it. It's just a question of connecting to the contacts on the pull switch and bringing them out to a socket. But really.... don't bother.

Back