DC-5 lead tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave the amp on for a while. The hissing and humming will help.
I usually do this a few times, for an hour at a time, when breaking in new speakers. :lol: Drives my wife nuts!!!!!!!

Ted Weber actually hooks up a transformer to his speakers and sends 60 cycle hum through them for 15 hours or so. Must work pretty good because there is a dramatic difference between his speakers that are and are not broken in by his people.

So, really you just have to get the speaker moving for a while to break them in... I already logged a good hour and a half last night!

I've heard of people playing the radio through their speaker all day while they are at work. If my wife worked that would be an option, but as it stands I would come home to a crazed woman if I tried this!

I started a new thread on the subject of breaking new speakers in so we can stop hijacking this thread. :D

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35477

I'll check the Weber and Celestion site, too. I find this topic fascinating because the tone can change so much after the speakers are broken in!

Back