DC 5 Lead channel settings.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found that both my DC3 and DC5 sound fuller with the Master output set around 7 and the channel volume both set at 2'sh.
Very loud but the power tube ommph is more fore front imo.
The gain set at 6-4 on the lead and the same on the rhythm with the verbs on 2-4.
big,big tones.
The suggestions of all the controls set too 5 and then dial from there is a great tool as well.
The GEQ is much more reactive in the DC's than in the Nomad and Express plus imo.

I own a dc-5 and it is so complex. Those are my setings for hss & hsh suhr. Only a ts9 and a wah in front of the amp and a delay in fx loop.

Attachments

• 20230313_193333.jpg
    20230313_193333.jpg
    683.8 KB · Views: 0
Nothing "complex" about a Mesa, just different. You approach a Boogie differently from most every other amp because they are designed differently. Understand how they operate, and you can likely get the tone that you're after.

Sounds like you are new to Mesas, so may I suggest you download the DC-5 manual and read it. It's more than "instructions," it teaches you how the amp's knobs treat the signal so you are purposeful in what knob and how much/little to turn. Fwiw, I've owned my DC5 for decades now, and still continue to gig this workhorse of an amp that has never --never-- let me down. Or shall I say it this way, has always served me brilliantly, without fail, for maybe 20 years now.

Edward

Back