• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale DC-5 Head - Monsta-Tone's personal amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Sale

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, I had an amp shop and specialized in fixing vintage Mesa amps and souping up DC's, Mavericks, Heartbreakers, Mark III's
Life got in the way and I was able to feed my family much better by being a contractor, so the amp shop sort of withered away

I am selling my personal DC-5B head with foot switch

Full Monsta-Tone mods:
Better cleans
Better Reverb
Series Loop
Master Volume mod (with push/pull pot to bypass the mod and go back to stock)
More Gain on channel 2
Fire Breather mod
Mercury Magnetics transformers (Power, Output, Reverb & Choke)
Head cabinet built by GTS from this forum

Other maintenance items done to this amp:
Full Re-Cap
Replace all channel switching components

I'm in the process of moving and need to thin the herd
I love this amp and it has been a faithful companion for 10 years!

$1,000 plus shipping

Attachments

• IMG_6156.JPG
    IMG_6156.JPG
    689.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6157.JPG
    IMG_6157.JPG
    479.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6158.JPG
    IMG_6158.JPG
    301.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6161.JPG
    IMG_6161.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 0
holy smokes I remember you putting this all together way back in the day. if I was buying any more tube amps I'd be all over this. and that sweet GTS oxblood! My Mark III's wearing the same!

seriously, someone grab this, Monsta-Tone knows his stuff and put tons of thought into this amp.

Thanks!
I'm hoping to move to a place with a better music scene and reopen my amp shop this summer.
Not much music going on in upper Idaho unfortunately......

I really love this amp, but just have way more music gear than I'm willing to move with again

Thanks!
I'm hoping to move to a place with a better music scene and reopen my amp shop this summer.
Not much music going on in upper Idaho unfortunately......

I really love this amp, but just have way more music gear than I'm willing to move with again
Good luck with the amp sale. Keep us posted if you start the shop back up. I would love to have my DC-2 serviced!

Latest posts

Back