DC-3 problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan1112

Reaction score
I have a problem with my DC-3. When I plug into the headphones or recording jack it sounds very distorted. There's lots of buzzing, almost like I put an insane overdrive over the lead channel. It sounds nothing like playing through the speaker which is perfect. I also have to turn the volumes way up to hear from the headphone and recording jacks. I want to be able to plug the into the sound board from the recording jack for live stuff but it sounds really bad over the PA. I have replaced all the EL-84s and the FX loop, driver, and first preamp tubes but the problem remains.
Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Thanks.

The Calibers used a 5532 Op amp for the direct and headphone functions.
They run off the master volume via the phase inverter input. There is a good bit of compensation in the circuit to attempt to make it useful. So basically you are taking an analog tube signal and putting it through a solid state head phone power amp. I don't see how anything would go wrong with this, but it may be as Mesa puts it, " Normal Operation".

Back