DC-3 price and value

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vovka

Reaction score
Hi,

I found a DC-3 for $500 and not sure if this is a fair price. What's considered to be a good deal for this amps?

Thanks!

The amp was bought new in 2005 but the tubes were not replaced. The amp looks perfect and it wasn't really played (just in a studio and used less than 50 times during its 4 years) it comes with the original footswitch. Thanks for your replies!

If it was bought new in 2005, I'm guessing that it was New Old Stock.

If you know the owner and it was taken care of, it sounds like a pretty good deal. Not extremely stellar, but not bad at all.

Thanks for your replies. I went ahead and bought the amp. I ended up paying $440 for it. I like it a lot. Haven't try it at the practice yet (I'm using a Marshall DSL100 there), but at home at low volumes it sounded very good. Really liked the sounds you can get by tweaking the GEQ. One think I liked in my other amps is the series FX loop, but I'll see how goof is the parallel one. If it doesn't work well how difficult is to modify the FX loop from parallel to series? Thanks

Vovka said:
Thanks for your replies. I went ahead and bought the amp. I ended up paying $440 for it. I like it a lot. Haven't try it at the practice yet (I'm using a Marshall DSL100 there), but at home at low volumes it sounded very good. Really liked the sounds you can get by tweaking the GEQ. One think I liked in my other amps is the series FX loop, but I'll see how goof is the parallel one. If it doesn't work well how difficult is to modify the FX loop from parallel to series? Thanks

Congrats on the new amp! DC-3 is a great amp. I just sold mine for $650 shipped so I think you got a good price on yours. It's easy to mod the FX loop and I highly recommend doing it if you are a delay nut like me.

Latest posts

Back