DC-3 footswitch issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchishin13

Reaction score
Hey all, I just bought a Mesa DC-3 about a month ago in mint condition, she's been working great but just the other day something went wrong with the footswitch. When I plug the footswitch in the lights are powered and functioning correctly but no sound comes out of the amp. If I unplug the footswitch I get my lead channel only. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Is there any way to fix it or do I need to buy a new footswitch all together?

8)

perhaps try a different midi cable? Surely you have a friend that can loan you one to try it out. I would try the cable before swapping the footswitch.

blessings
-Chris

ChrisRocksUSA said:
8)

perhaps try a different midi cable? Surely you have a friend that can loan you one to try it out. I would try the cable before swapping the footswitch.

blessings
-Chris

That's the thing, the cable isn't easily replacable, it goes from the jack to the switch pedal but directly into it, unless I'm doing it wrong.

I'm not sure I fully understand. Are you saying when the foot switch is unplugged that regardless of the channel selection switch you only get the lead channel? If it's just the lead channel with the switch plugged in try putting a TRS jack in the amp where the foot switch plug goes and jumper between ground and one of the two leads. Tip to ground then ring to ground. I forget which one controls the channel switching but if you're able to change channels that way it's probably just your cable. Get a new one and solder it in.

I went through this before and just installed a stereo female jack in the foot switch so if my cable goes bad I can just plug another one in.

MJ Slaughter said:
I'm not sure I fully understand. Are you saying when the foot switch is unplugged that regardless of the channel selection switch you only get the lead channel? If it's just the lead channel with the switch plugged in try putting a TRS jack in the amp where the foot switch plug goes and jumper between ground and one of the two leads. Tip to ground then ring to ground. I forget which one controls the channel switching but if you're able to change channels that way it's probably just your cable. Get a new one and solder it in.

I went through this before and just installed a stereo female jack in the foot switch so if my cable goes bad I can just plug another one in.

Thst is a GREAT idea, definitely gonna hop on tat band waon, I don' know why Mesa thought it was a good idea to install fixed cables. I fixed my problem, turns out one of the wires on the inside of the pedal were coming loose, just put a little salder at the end and she was singin again.

I belive I hve the opposite issue: one of my two DC3 is now defective in channel switching as I think the amp's switch jack is broken: I plugged the male jack in sometime ago and it won't go fully in (no pun intended... :? ) so I stupidly forced it in an heard some metal "clinking"...I guess the inner connector has broken as now the pedal lights won't turn on and the channels won't switch...anybody tried replacing it? I have the amp chassis open but even though I'm quite handy with repairs and soldering it looks like a tough thing to dismantle the amp to reach that jack...

Latest posts

Back