DC-3 Footswitch (Early Gray Tolex Model)????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody have an older Gray Tolex DC-3?

I need a schematic for the footswitch, or a picture of the insides of the footswitch that is clear enough to see the polarity of the LED.

I have an extremely early DC-3 and can't seem to find a footswitch with an LED that will work with my amp.

It has the Channel Switching only on the front panel footswitch jack ( :D well, it did until I modded it to be able to use a 2-button footswitch with only 1 cord).

Yeah, they have an LED, but a Rectifier switch won't work with it.

The Rectifier and Rocket footswitches that I have both have LED's in series with the switch.

I also tried my Soldano switch which has an LED in parallel with the switch. That didn't work either. There has to be a resistor or something else in there to make it work right.

I talked to George Meuller at Mesa yesterday and he was going to try to find one, but the poor guy probably has as much on his plate as I do at work. The last thing he needs is another stupid project. He's really cool to talk to though. He's been there for a long time and remembers the old amps. It seems like he was fairly nostalgic about them too. The guy is amazing, he remembers things about those amps that probably nobody else at Mesa ever knew.

I looked, but I'm a cheap *******. I can make one for pennies, if I knew what to make. :shock:

I think the last one I saw went for $50 or so. Plus my amp is custom now and I need a 2 button. I changed the footswitch jack on the front panel to control the channel and EQ. I might move it to the back though so that I can add something else to the front.

I don't need a jack to control the Reverb. I just set that and leave it.

Maybe someone here will chime in with one.

I got the drawing over the phone today from Mesa. George Mueller is the man.

If anybody needs one, let me know. I can email you the drawing.

This only works with the older ones.

Latest posts

Back