DC-3 combo or Rectoverb Series II Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sricabla

Reaction score
I play many styles of punk from older green day to Foo to husker du. I did like the DC-3 but maybe the Recto might be better. Which would you choose?

Thanks

I have the DC3...great cleans and fantastic smooth OD. The DC3 has great tones for the blues & rock that I like to play....I would never part with it! I have played through a Rectoverb and really liked it....good cleans and of course you get that great Recto bottom end chug and thump! These are two completely different amps.....for the music you like play I would get a Recto....there is really no choice here.

Greg

Yep, two different animals, the DC-3 and single rec amps.

I had a solo 50 head - which is a single rec like the rectoverb - for a long time, and I still have a rocket 44 head (DC-3 power section, subway series -derived preamp). Both great amps. The recto can chug like nothing else and is like a battle-axe in character, sort of a hybrid somewhere between weapon and instrument. What it cannot do is sing and scream like the DC series does. Of the two, the DC's/Rockets are much more versatile, just as aggressive (in a way very different from the rectos) and have a more beautiful, soaring solo voice with a creamier overall character.

Try both and see what you think. My bet is that you will prefer the rectoverb for your applications, but one never knows....

Yes, the Recto would be more suited to your style. I've owned two DC-3s, and they are great, but the Recto Series II is a lot more appealing to me. Every time I play one at GC I love it. You can also swap power tubes. If I ever get one, I plan on trying KT88s with the EL34 setting for more of the VHT effect.

Back