Dating your Mesa Rectifier Head and Cabinets....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rectified in 95

Reaction score
I just read a post where someone asked when the 3 channels rectifiers were released and it made me thing....

Other than contacting Mesa directly, is there any online sources, charts, etc. that contain any type of production date information? That would be a nice thing to have. I would love to know when my 4x12 was made since internally it appears to be a regular slanted cab. But the top part overhangs the top two speakers to create a regular straight looking cab when looking from the side? Those style cabs aren't in the newest Mesa catalog so I assume they aren't made anymore.

Thanks guys!

you can pull out the chassis and look for a hand signature and a date. this signature would belong to the person who did the final inspection of the chassis.

I never saw a signature in the 3 Channel DR's. By the time Mesa was making them they were putting out very large quantities and did not initial them. The amp, as with the cabinet can be dated by the serial number by Mesa's Customer Service.

Back