Custom mini Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has seen this, but, if I ever order one, it will be like this.......

http://store.mesahollywood.com/2-mr253v-bk.html

looks like it lights up blue instead of red. Pure awesome.

yhst-75036615416798_2202_30889832

-AJH

I played through one today. It's an $80 upcharge for cosmetics. Cool, but I prefer the chrome. Funny, since I prefer the black diamond plate on the full-size rectos.

Almost makes me want to order the black plate from Mesa and use Velcro to make it changeable...

looks better than the chrome, but I still prefer the non diamond plate faces like on the road king, tremoverb, and ROV. Looks more grown up

ChrisRocksUSA said:
looks better than the chrome, but I still prefer the non diamond plate faces like on the road king, tremoverb, and ROV. Looks more grown up

I couldn't agree more now that I own a Roadster. Though, the Roadster has a bit of black diamond plate on the lower front.

THAT is tits! I'm sorry, but that would look absolutely bitchin' sitting atop a Roadster as a practice rig.

I would paint the outer shell white and stick it on top of this as a practice rig.

IMAG3898.jpg

Hopefully sometime soon I can get one. We'll see 8)

-AJH

Hi all, 1st post.

I got a "Custom" Mini from Eddie's Guitars. There was no upcharge on mine. If anybody's interested you might want to see if they've got more.

Mine is blackface with blue LEDs, but the knobs are silver, not black like in that photo.

Incidentally it looks like the LEDs would be very easy to swap out, if you could get a replacement set from Mesa. They are on a plastic strip screwed to the inside of the headshell. Then the strip has a short wire hanging down that plugs into a little socket sticking out of the chassis.

I think amber would look particularly great. :D

GREAT amp!

There pictures floating around on SS.org that a guy took at musikmesse of coloured diamond plates on the mini recs.

Theres a fire red one, a very nice blue and then a grey/light purple/iceblue kind of colour, ill try and find the link

EDIT: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/191793-whats-best-lunch-box-head-3.html

Towards the bottom of the page

The red one is hot :twisted:

What they oughta do is sell a regular headshell that fits in place of the metal shell. In different tolex choices.

So I don't have to make my own. :twisted:

ratter said:
What they oughta do is sell a regular headshell that fits in place of the metal shell. In different tolex choices.

So I don't have to make my own. :twisted:

Here you go:

http://ampclones.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=53

Form follows function, and I bought the amp for how awesome it sounds. But I hate the industrial look of the diamond plate, so...

A can of semi-flat black enamel spray paint and the requisite prep work...

IMG_0003a2a_zps3066b2ba.jpg

Latest posts

Back