Custom Finish Costs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarek88

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm about to order a Lone Star Classic and was looking at some custom options, and I just fell in LOVE with this one :

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=384

I know its the special but they should be able to do the same for the Classic head right? Now to the real question... Based on your beliefs (or knowledge) how much EXTRA will this head cost and how much Extra will a matching 2 x 12 Lone Star cab cost? Thanks, for reading!

are sitting down ?
2008 prices for hardwood were :
Exotic hardwood - $649
Premier maple - $839
Private reserve - $1169

You might look at the vinyls or leathers !

Those are CRUSHING prices.... But the maple on it is only at the front, does that not matter?

tarek88 said:
Those are CRUSHING prices.... But the maple on it is only at the front, does that not matter?

That maple front panel would probably add a little bit more cost than an all Imbuya cabinet. Imbuya would be considered an "Exotic Hardwood".

I just went to the Mesa store here in Hollywood and ordered a Lonestar Special 4x10 with similar specs. First off, imbuya is not currently available. It is a nice wood, with a "quilty" look to it, but it does not appeal to me. Bubinga on the other hand is in stock. Its wood grain is more "streaky" and and the color of the wood itself is very close to imbuya. I ordered my combo with a bubinga cabinet, flame maple front panel and gold jute. As for price... with a solid bubinga cab and front panel my price increase was $649 from base. Thats the price for all "Premier Exotics" (Ribbon mahogany, blackwood, bubinga and purple heart). However, with the flame maple front panel my price went up a whopping $40! If i would have opted for "standard" maple in the front I would have incurred no additional fees, but flame maple is awesome! So there you go, out the door my amp cost $2798. About $700 more for how an amp looks. And I completely agree with Dom, if you plan on gigging with it, get vinyl! In 10 to 12 weeks, she will be done... I'll post pics if you still havent decided. Good luck.

I would love to see some pics please.. Its so much better in reality though... :p

Well, exactly 12 (long, agonizing) weeks later... I got her... Some guys think paying extra for looks is not worth it, not me. This is truly a work of art, and AMERICAN CRAFTSMANSHIP. Besides I'd rather pay for one of these than something like a painting! In fact, I'm ordering a Mark V 1x12 combo as soon as I decide between snakeskin or trans-black maple. Here are some quick pics, that really do this beast no justice. Oh and the 4x10 configuration makes this sound even better than it looks!

Oh, I had to throw in some pictures of a few of my Strats too... sorry photobucket is a new toy for me!

P5120188.jpg
P5120185.jpg
P5120191.jpg
P5120186.jpg

That is one handsome amp! As a motorcycle head and owner of a Ducati 916, there's much to be said for garage appeal...or studio/living room appeal in this case. Owning something beautiful that glues your eyes brings a unique joy.

I'm happy for you on at least two counts:
- you have an absolutely gorgeous amp;
- I think the 4x10 best suits the Lonestar.

Life's looking pretty good! :D

JCastro--->GO TRANS BLACK!!! That would look SO awesome man. And that Lone Star you have is a beauty.

Tarek, if you have your heart set on something, I would say don't go mid-grade, it's best to just save up the money and get exactly what you want the first time. You'll save yourself time and money in the end (after selling the thing you settled for and paying full price again for the one you really wanted once you find that you aren't happy with what you have) And if it's a hardwood Lone Star, I'd say go for it. Those things should only go up in value, do to their rarity and their stunning looks 8) I'd love to know how much whoever purchased the one you linked to paid for both the head AND the matching CAB!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: YIPES!!

-AJH

tarek88 said:
Hey guys I'm about to order a Lone Star Classic and was looking at some custom options, and I just fell in LOVE with this one :

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/gallery.php?id=384

I know its the special but they should be able to do the same for the Classic head right? Now to the real question... Based on your beliefs (or knowledge) how much EXTRA will this head cost and how much Extra will a matching 2 x 12 Lone Star cab cost? Thanks, for reading!

Dude why ask...or guess...just look at the sticky with the latest Feb 2009 prices......You should be able to figure it all out from there...... :shock:

Back