cracking sound of mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corianeyere

Reaction score
hello ! I have a mark IV since 2 years with changing the 4 power tubes and it was OK ,but now when I put it on ( after standby ) there are many cracking sounds during about 10 minutes and then it is good . what do you think about ? thanks you to every one .

if you mean you havent changed the tubes in 2 years. I would say start with those.

The sockets could be dirty. If it's been two years, try this: get new power tubes, then before you install them, spray some contact cleaner in the sockets, then repeatedly insert and remove each power tube from the socket about 15-20 times. Should be good after that. You can spray a bit of contact cleaner on the power tube pins too, just don't go overboard with it.

mrd said:
The sockets could be dirty. If it's been two years, try this: get new power tubes, then before you install them, spray some contact cleaner in the sockets, then repeatedly insert and remove each power tube from the socket about 15-20 times. Should be good after that. You can spray a bit of contact cleaner on the power tube pins too, just don't go overboard with it.

Jesus man 15-20 times??? You're likely to wear the socket out much sooner if that's normal practice. Once or twice would be more like it.

The problem may not be power tube related.

Greg

disassembled said:
mrd said:

Jesus man 15-20 times??? You're likely to wear the socket out much sooner if that's normal practice. Once or twice would be more like it.

The problem may not be power tube related.

Greg

Shrug, I don't see what's wrong with doing it that many times? I didn't say do it rapidly or very fast or something, just do it properly and it should be fine. I guess it also depends on how crackly we're talking :lol:

Latest posts

Back