cooling fan for mark iv

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilsoler

Reaction score
I 've recently changed transformer in my mark iv and put a 220V one.
Due to that i changed also the cooling fan.problem is that the new fan sound like i helicopter taking off when i open my mark.couple of days ago i took him off but now i m worried that it might be harmfull for the amp
Does anyone know where can i find a silent 220V fan for mark iv

Thx in advance

evilsoler said:
I 've recently changed transformer in my mark iv and put a 220V one.
Due to that i changed also the cooling fan.problem is that the new fan sound like i helicopter taking off when i open my mark.couple of days ago i took him off but now i m worried that it might be harmfull for the amp
Does anyone know where can i find a silent 220V fan for mark iv

Thx in advance

I would attempt calling Mewsa to see if they can give you the correct fan. If that is not the route you want to take, check with some computer stores. They may have a fan that will fit the Mark, and will be the proper voltage.

Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, is the sound or feel of the amp any different with the new 220v transformer? I am wanting to do the same with mine, when I enquired about it the guy said that transformer can be wired to have a 110v tap for the original fan.

Mulemasta said:
Just out of curiosity, is the sound or feel of the amp any different with the new 220v transformer? I am wanting to do the same with mine, when I enquired about it the guy said that transformer can be wired to have a 110v tap for the original fan.

thankfully i haven't noticed the slightest difference.go for it.the only problem is the fan.

i 've checked computer stores but the fans they have its for 12v.i'll try to call mesa and see what happens

i 've read a similar thread in this forum and some people said that their mark is 220v and uses 110v fan.can anyone confirm it?
If this is true then i can use the old fan

evilsoler said:
i 've read a similar thread in this forum and some people said that their mark is 220v and uses 110v fan.can anyone confirm it?
If this is true then i can use the old fan
My Mark IV 230V does have 115 V fan, and gets 115 v from the amp.
But if it is the same at your amp you can go ahead and use the old fan.
But I would have tried a voltmeter to be sure.

Latest posts

Back